What's on the menu for everyone today?

Our fridge is actng up and we have to have a repair person out this a.m., so if something thawed, that's what we'll have.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 cjs What's on the menu f...
Good plan Jean!

I am shopping again today. Easy dinner just tortellini with alfredo and drizzled with pesto and balsamic glaze. Spinach on the side with some fresh bread.

Looking forward to a carb meal!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
I wound up snacking at the game last night, and William ate leftover pizza, so we didn't eat leftover chowder. Since I'm going caroling tonight, the chowder will be a nice thing to come home to.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 Gourmet_Mom I wound up snacking ...
Clam chowder. And it will be a good day for it -it's actually quite darn cold for S. California, though it will be sunny. Still dark out right now.
Quote:

Our fridge is actng up and we have to have a repair person out this a.m., so if something thawed, that's what we'll have.....

A mobile RV repair guy? We've had to have one come out to the storage place to fix a few things. Pretty handy.

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 Trixxee [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Yup! A first for us, we've been very luck over the years.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 cjs Yup! A first for us,...
We are having my mom's ground meat and noodle casserole with a tossed salad and french bread. Needed something easy. Have to pick up Katie and Abby from school today and we will be baking cookies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 Mare749 We are having my mom...
Oh poop....*runs to the freezer* I'll get back on this :0

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 DFen911 Oh poop....*runs to ...
Have to replace the thermostat and then we'll be good. (Did learn a few things about the fridge that we'll pass on you you, Denise)

Ended up with a very nice combo flavor on a pizza today. I used a buttermilk/herb dough that I've been testing and getting to really like it (better than I did in the beginning).

[Image: SausageandOnionConfitDec19th.jpg]

onion confit
Fontina cheese
thinly slice tomaotes
spicy turkey sausage/salami mix
Mozz
----------
Parm and (had to use)dry basil over the top.
the flavors just worked.
spicy turkey sausage/salami mix
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12 cjs Have to replace the ...
Doesn't that look good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Dinner, Wed., 12/19/12