I think all of our menus have been posted on the Christmas sticky, but if ya'all just want to chat - we can do that, too.

IT'S RAINING! Shouldn't complain, it's been absolutely beautiful here for a week, but that's my nature when I have to be in rain.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 cjs I think all of our m...
Where are you now, Jean?

Starting the sauce soon. The house is going to smell AMAZING today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 Gourmet_Mom Where are you now, J...
We're still in Riverside, CA for a few more days.

I'll be getting the 18 hour bread going as soon as He (as Lorraine says ) gets up. Then some pizza dough going and the compote/chutney/whatever sauce I decide to do for the brie.

Also, bake the beets for 2 or 3 roasted beet & chevre combinations for the next 2 or 3 days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 cjs We're still in River...
Since this is bound to be just a chit chat thread -

I picked up at BevMo the other day, 2 miniature bottles to play with -

Watermelon Vodka
La Poire (pear) Grey Goose

I'm off to google ideas, but has anyone used either of these for a goodie drink?
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 cjs Since this is bound ...
The rain seems to be letting up here. I hope. Need to dash to Marie Callendar's for a pie.

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 Trixxee The rain seems to be...
Not much happening here. Did a final clean-up on the house this a.m. A bit gloomy here, cold, and still have snow. Taking Charlie to the park soon for a good walk. When we were there yesterday, all the geese were gone and only a few ducks were left swimming in the pond.

Will be making apps after that to take to Holly's, so I'll be signing off shortly. Have a fun evening everyone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 Mare749 Not much happening h...
I'm making Tourtieres today, the kitchen smells great, then a Pear Tart for tomorrow. It's snowing, and it reminds me of home!!! Have a great day everyone.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 Lorraine I'm making Tourtiere...
Jean, Ashley recommends Hippie Juice . The recipe is at the bottom. I'm not sure how easy it would be to scale down?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 Gourmet_Mom Jean, Ashley recomme...
Today I made the Rocky Road Brownies from issue #97, they'll be for Christmas dinner dessert tomorrow.

[Image: Rockyroadbrownies_zps82da1e72.jpg]
  No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12 cjs I think all of our m...
This is what we got up to this morning!

[Image: DSCN6669_zpsc2988995.jpg]
[Image: DSCN6663_zps175f07ef.jpg]

Here we are - home sweet home[Image: DSCN6665_zpsf2d6cdeb.jpg]

We're going to get the mock tenderloin and duck legs ready for the smoker tomorrow (I'll pan sear the breasts). Steaks and a salad are dinner tonight. Easy.

Have a great day everyone!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
No Dinner Thread Today, 12/24/12