What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having a Buffalo Chix pizza and then running around, so may stop in at Applebee mid-afternoon. (Man, what a come down after the way we have eaten out the last 4+ months )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We are on our way to Aiken to see bil George and Janes sister Delia. We don't what they are planning but it will be good!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? Old Bay We are on our way to...
Lots of food trucks will be available at the Santa Anita Derby. I know I want a lobster roll from the Lobsta Truck.

Horses, food, drinks, family, hotel stay around the corner.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? Trixxee Lots of food trucks ...
Got some spare ribs, yesterday - real ones, not they way they usually cut them into chunks for stewing around here.

Going to try an experiment that came to mind when making that salad that had the dates in it. What I'll be putting on the ribs is a puréed mixture of dates, tamarind, piloncillo, cilantro, cumin and whatever else I decide by that time. The tamarind should offset the sweetness of the dates and the piloncillo, but the piloncillo and the sugars from the dates should make the mixture into a nice glaze when baked on the ribs.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? labradors Got some spare ribs,...
sounds interesting, Labs - anxious to hear the results.

Off to the nursery - my fingers are tingling to get started - today, potatoes, and some 8-Ball zucchinis if I can find them and I don't know what else. They won't have San Marzano plants for a couple more weeks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? cjs sounds interesting, ...
My wife has the kitchen tonight; Egg tortilla w/ roasted peppers & onions. I'm making the side dish; Spanish salad w/ sherry vinaigrette.

Pictures Labs?

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? losblanos1 My wife has the kitc...
I'm headed to Washington, D.C. with a group of 70+ seventh graders (and a bunch of other teachers) really early tomorrow morning, so I made a big pan of lasagna for John. He loves leftover lasagna. Needless to say, I'll be AWOL until Friday!

Since the boys are coming up to do their taxes with him tomorrow, I'm sure they'll partake of the leftovers as well.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? karyn I'm headed to Washin...
Cajun style shrimp and a cheese / grits whiffle
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? farnfam Cajun style shrimp a...
Beer-can Chicken on my Kamado Grill and Big Green Egg Baked Beans and salad. Trying to figure an easy dessert.
Shannon
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13?? losblanos1 My wife has the kitc...
Quote:

Pictures Labs?

Here ya go.

[Image: ribsi.jpg]

Spare ribs are almost non-existent here, since the local stores and butchers usually cut the ribs into small pieces for soups or stews. Fortunately, I have found a really good butcher who not only has excellent quality products, but also is great about special orders.

When I asked him for "spare ribs," I had to double-check and explain the difference so he would get me spare (belly) ribs and not baby back (loin) ribs.

I asked him for five pounds and he got me the beauties you see in the photo. Unlike what one may typically find in the States, this guy didn't trim them down so that the only meat left would be between the ribs. Instead, they had plenty of meat on them and were absolutely incredible.

My sauce turned out well, but will need some adjustments for the next time - namely less tamarind and more cilantro, cumin and cayenne. It was delicious, but the dates were overshadowed by the tamarind and the spices were not as noticeable once the sauce was cooked on the ribs.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/6/13??