Just discovered (but haven't read) a series of novels that look interesting.

The series is called the "Della Cooks Mysteries" by Melinda Wells (pen name for Linda Palmer) the main character (Della) owns a cooking school and hosts a cable cooking show but [of course] turns amateur sleuth when murder is afoot.

To go along with the cooking theme (and with the dishes prepared in the stories), there are also ten recipes at the end of each book.

So far, the series comprises:
  1. Killer Mousse
  2. Death Takes the Cake
  3. The Proof is in the Pudding
  4. Pie a la Murder
  5. Seven-Layer Death
Have any of you encountered these yet?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Something for the on-again, off-again book club labradors Just discovered (but...
No, can't say I have. Are you planning to read them?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club Mare749 No, can't say I have...
No, I haven't. I can't remember the author I used to read that added recipes to her stories - good recipes also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club cjs No, I haven't. I can...
I love cooking mysteries. It meshes my two loves cooking and reading. I have read at least the first two in the series. They are ok, easy reads. I don't enjoy them as much as Diane Mott Davidson or Joanne Fluke. In the past 2 days I read the middle two by Julie Hyzy. Her books are:

State of the Onion
Hail to the Chef
Eggsecutive Orders
Buffalo West Wing.
Affairs of Steak
Fonduing Fathers

I enjoy them and they have recipes at the end as well. Most look pretty good. I just put the last two on my iPad to start reading today. Before that, I read The Christmas Cookie Killer by Livia Washburn, recipes at the end, pretty good as well and before that a couple by Jenn McKinley (cupcake mysteries). There are some fun recipes in the last series.

I have read most of the other authors as well. The only recipe I've tried is Davidson's pork brine. It is still my go to pork brine.

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club Cubangirl I love cooking myste...
Diane Mott Davidson!1 That's who I used to read.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club cjs Diane Mott Davidson!...
Thanks for the book ideas everyone! I just got ebooks from my library by:

Joanne Fluke , Liva Washburn, Jenn McKinley.
I was disappointed they didn't have any by Julie Hyzy or Melinda Wells. May have to breakdown and purchase those.
I have read a few by Davidson. They were good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club esgunn Thanks for the book ...
For those who like coffee, the Cleo Coyle Coffeehouse mysteries are good and have fun recipes as well. If you like wine, ditto for Michelle Scott Wine Lover's Mysteries.

Re: Something for the on-again, off-again book club Cubangirl For those who like c...
Will check out Michelle Scott's books.....
www.achefsjourney.com
Something for the on-again, off-again book club