Honey-Smoked Lobster Tail
Grilled Rib-eye Steak
Maque Choux

Tobin James Petit Sirah
Champagne

Yesterday's ribs were so goopy good!!!
[Image: May27SmokedRibs_zps92582918.jpg]

We were ribs from ear to ear!1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? cjs What's on the menu f...
Beautiful! Enjoy your birthday Jean!

We have a lot of grilled lamb leftover so the natural way to go would be pitas with tzatziki sauce. Mmmmm.....

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? Trixxee Beautiful! Enjoy yo...
Wow is Roy gonna whip up that spread for you?

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? DFen911 Wow is Roy gonna whi...
no....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? cjs no.... [img]/ubbthre...
Jean, how long will you smoke the lobster tail? Also curious about the scallops you did the other day.

We have a lot of leftovers to use, so we'll have a few ribs, a little bit of chicken, and maybe a baked potato, unless we go get more corn. It was surprisingly good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? Mare749 Jean, how long will ...
I'll use apple wood and smoke them (ea 5-6-oz.) as far from the heat as possible at 180° -200° 35 to 40 minutes.

After marinating the lobsters in the honey/stock/wine marinade for an hour, I will use it as a mop sauce.

fingers crossed.

The scallops were so easy and fast - it's a method from Ray's Boathouse restaurant in Seattle.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 lb. sea scallops

I did 1/2 recipe for about 3/4 lb. of bay scallops

Toss with the dry brine and let sit for in fridge 45 min. Remove and spread on rack - air-dry turning occasionally until the are firm and the coating is tacky about 1 to 4 hours.

I put them on the table with a fan blowing cold air at them and added to smoker after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Smoke on top rack until they are rich, caramelized brown and the translucency has just left the center, about 20 to 25 min. I started tasting them after 15 minutes because they were so small and forgot to write down exactly how long it took.

So good - like seafood candy!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? cjs I'll use apple wood ...
Those sound wonderful, Jean!

We're grilling teriyaki steak tonight. I'll serve it with brown rice and bok choy.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? karyn Those sound wonderfu...
Thanks Jean, copied and saved. I'll be trying this with the scallops for sure. Not sure about the lobster tail though.Will have to see how you like it.

Karyn mentioned bok choy. I like to use it in soups so buy it at the Asian food market, (really cheap, baby bok choy is $.99 a lb.) take it home, wash it well and dry, then chop it up and freeze in food saver bags.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? Mare749 Thanks Jean, copied ...
A new recipe tonight, Bacon Pesto Strata with a side of asparagus.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13??? losblanos1 A new recipe tonight...
Quote:

A new recipe tonight, Bacon Pesto Strata with a side of asparagus.

That sounds really good Blane.
Tuesday's Dinner, 5/28/13???