And, first and most important - from Roxanne:
"LOVE TO ALL,
Roxanne '

She's been really busy, but she does check in and will be with us all soon!

Are you all familiar with the darn kid that acts like a little hoodlum for you and and angel to whomever you're complaining to about them?????????????? Roy took my laptop in to be fixed. He turned it on and just went about his business with it working properly!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Anyway, I'm back in business and I hope I can rememeber all my pictures to label correctly!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! cjs And, first and most ...
Strange how our computers get temperamental once in a while, then the very next day, seem fine.

Glad you heard from Roxanne and that she will be back soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! Mare749 Strange how our comp...
THANK GOD. It's been way too quiet in here. Glad that Roxanne is doing good.
  I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! cjs And, first and most ...
Glad that Roxanne is okay.

Glad your computer is working again. Sometimes I think mine just hates me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! Harborwitch Glad that Roxanne is...
I'm not back yet, but very soon. I have a lot to catch upon, for sure.

Testing is over, grades are finally in, and I should be celebrating my last full day tomorrow, but a Tropical Storm has closed school tomorrow, extending our student days to two half days next week, instead of one. Not complaining. I have a TON of work to catch up on at home. It has been a crazy few weeks around here and I'm way behind on housework! But as soon as I can finish up school and catch up at home, I'll jump back in. I miss you guys a lot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! Gourmet_Mom I'm not back yet, bu...
We hardly recognized ya, Daphne!!! Welcome back soon, hopefully.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! cjs We hardly recognized...
Some of the pictures I wasn’t able to post as they happened -

I love these two pictures of river rock I took the other day and I want to get one more for a 3 picture frame.

[Image: Jun3RiverRock-1_zps6d6169a2.jpg]
[Image: Jun3RiverRock2_zps3c77ec2a.jpg]

On Wednesday, we went back to Mission St. Bistro in Wenatchee to see my friend Chef Jodi Riggles and had another wonderful lunch. Lauren is the new crepe maker and this is her making Roy Portabello crepe
[Image: Jun6LaurenmakingRoysMushroomCrept_zps6576ca20.jpg]

I had her Duck Pate platter and what a delight it was. I also had the escargot again.
[Image: Jun5DuckPateoncracker_zps6fbb1dbc.jpg]

And this is our friend, Chef Jodi and Lauren
[Image: Jun6ChefJodiRigglesandLauren_zps0475c981.jpg]

O.K., that’s it and I’m all caught up I think. Oh, forgot to mention my doggie bag from the bistro. All that luscious goodness leftover over from my escargot, I had Lauren scrape it into a container and made the most wonderful leftover pasta dish last night.

Sautéed bacon, onion, a little tomato and (more) garlic, added the ‘jus’ from the escargot and tossed with Mushroom linguine. It was just outstanding.

So, no matter how little of a sauce you have left in a restaurant dish, take it home and toss it with something. Think of all the ingredients you’d have to buy to get the flavors of the sauce to make at home.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK!