I really had fun this morning after being frustrated with a box of pie crusts that I did not want!!

June 11 Cooking day

HoHo, Roy’s not the only engr. In the family! Pillsbury calls for the little taco shells to be moved from the griddle and draped over a glass, so this is what I came up with and it worked great! I was going to use Pillsbury sheet of dough as called for, but Safeway thought they knew better and sold Roy the wrong product. Thankfully, I made pizza dough this morning, so used it instead. BIG MISTAKE! Now Roy wants these silly little things for all kinds of tacos.

[Image: Jun11Engrmarvelwshooterglasses_zpse5aa5b9a.jpg]

The shells forming over the shot glasses
[Image: June11Cornchiptacosstep1_zps8aadc506.jpg]

Moved from the glasses and wedged between rungs on cooling rack to hold shape

[Image: June11Cornchiptacosstep2_zps64d3ee05.jpg]

Corn Chip taco ready to be devoured
[Image: Jun11CornChipTacos2_zpsf225fad0.jpg]

then on to the first pie dough round:
Making Honey, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads

Ready to bake
[Image: Jun11piecrustflatbreadtobebaked_zpsf97ae7df.jpg]

With Willie
[Image: Jun11HoneyRosemaryandSeaSaltFlatbread_zps558ed87f.jpg]

Flatbreads – rectangles and triangles
[Image: June11HoneyrosemaryandSeasaltflatbread_zps3172f1d7.jpg]

2nd pie dough round for chocolate pie crust
Pillsbury pie crust topped with cocoa and powdered sugar

[Image: Jun11Chocpiedoughstep1_zps84f45959.jpg]

Fold crust in half and then half again – then begin kneading together
[Image: Jun11chocpiedoughstep2_zpse1dcfedb.jpg]

This is about half way thru the kneading
[Image: June11chocpiedoughstep3_zpsd97353f4.jpg]

Now it is chilling and ready to be used!!
[Image: Jun11chocpiedoughreadytouse_zpsc5e29dec.jpg]

I searched the Pillsbury website to see what to come up with pie crusts and found the chocolate pie idea which they suggest using as “ The end result is crisp and slightly sweet pie crust nacho chips. Perfect for being drizzled with some chocolate, caramel or anything you like. “

They also suggested the Honey, Rosemary and Sea salt flatbread sticks.

What a fun morning – sorry this is so long and involved, but I think kind of interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking cjs I really had fun thi...
You would do well on "Iron Baker" with a mystery ingredient! Jane & I both are impressed with your creativity making a silk purse out of sows ear.

Jane had big day preparing for the fourth. She made, and froze blueberry muffins, sausage kolaches, and molasses muffins (for me).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking Old Bay You would do well on...
They all look really good Jean!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking esgunn They all look really...
Oh cut the chocolate dough in 2" rounds and bake. Then top with fresh marshmallows and caramel sauce.

I guess this means you really need to make some marshmallow now huh..what...what?

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking DFen911 Oh cut the chocolate...
All of them look positively yummy, but I am confused as usual. You wanted canned pie dough and got what instead. The chocolate dough looks very interesting, I am going to check out chocolate pie crusts later.

The taco shells in the first picture, that you cleverly created, are those a corn pizza dough or just a regular flour one? As usual I am confused. Sorry.
  Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking DFen911 Oh cut the chocolate...
I know - now she really needs some home made marshmallow fluff at least. Since she's on the road . . . .

Baked discs would be great for a Chocolate Chili Pots de Creme Napoleon. With some Chocolate & Port Wine Sorbet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking Harborwitch I know - now she rea...
And the judges have spoken: The winner is ( two drum rolls),Iron Baker Jean!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking Old Bay And the judges have ...
yup!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking Harborwitch yup!...
Oh Crap!! Baker - no way!

Alina, in the Pillsbury newsletter, a recipe for making tacos using their tube of sheet dough and frying small discs to use as the shell. I thought I'd try with their products first and then play (which I always try to do) - at the store Roy was confused as to what I had listed and asked the clerk who told him - oh yeah, she wants pie crusts. NO!

No biggee, really, since I was already making sourdough pizza dough that I did end up using and they turned out great. a few years ago over on Discuss Cooking, we did a similar taco 'holder' that we all liked, too. Will have to look that one up. But, pizza dough really does work well.

The other two projects with the pie crust - I just wanted to get rid of them. The flatbreads weren't bad, probably won't make again. But, the chocolate pie crust I'm anxious to do something with today. Could be very interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking cjs Oh Crap!! Baker - no...
It looks like a fantastic day in the kitchen!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Warning! Long Post!! A Day of Cooking