Does anyone else think the media has made more of this than there is? I am really shocked at the knee-jerk reaction of the FoodNetwork dropping her like a pariah.

It's like the second anyone thinks there is wrong doing it's "Omg we can't be seen associating with this person. Never mind the fact we don't know what is, and is not the truth..."

What about innocent until proven guilty? The media has judged and convicted her based on a blackmailing employee.

Granted I am not a Paula Deen fan. But this just goes beyond idiotic to me.

Paula Deen DFen911 Does anyone else thi...
I haven't spent much time hearing about it but my thoughts are:

I imagine Food Network has the same basic right to work clauses that most states do. If they want to can her, they can can her for wearing a purple scarf instead of a gray scarf. And Paul Deen probably enjoys those same right to work principles in any of her work endevours.

Get over it and move on.

Re: Paula Deen Trixxee I haven't spent much...
I'm trying to sort out who it is that should "get over it and move on"? Clarification?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Paula Deen Old Bay I'm trying to sort o...
I'm not sure what it's all about, but whatever it is they seem to be blowing it out of proportion.
Her food is a little rich for our tastes, but I think she is a hoot and enjoy watching her.
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Paula Deen farnfam I'm not sure what it...
She has admitted to making inappropriate comments. In one she clearly stated that she regretted the comment not because of the content, but because of how it would be perceived. I personally objected to the content.

Maybe as a minority, I am more sensitive to pejorative language, but I applaud the Food Network for taking a stand and not renewing her contract (did not fire her, just did not renew). Smithfield ham has dropped her too. Too me she's always seemed phony and her gratuitous over use of fat in this age of rampant obesity is appalling, even though I love butter and bacon, but never had any of her recipes appeal.

Now if they just got rid of semi-ho, I'd be a happy camper.

Re: Paula Deen Cubangirl She has admitted to ...
I got on my soapbox on facebook, so I won't go there again here. I'll just say, why should one person pay for the racial slurs of many, many generations before her. As for other charges, who knows??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Paula Deen Old Bay I'm trying to sort o...
Quote:

I'm trying to sort out who it is that should "get over it and move on"? Clarification?

Everyone.

With you on semi-ho, Cubana.

Re: Paula Deen Trixxee [blockquote]Quote:[h...
"With you on semi-ho, Cubana." don't know what this means.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Paula Deen cjs "With you on semi-ho...
Quote:

"With you on semi-ho, Cubana." don't know what this means.

I'll bet it is "semi home cooking". My only position on this issue is that both "sides"of this issue need sensitivity training.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Paula Deen Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Yes, semi-homemade. I assume that is who/what Cubangirl is referring to. But then again, she could mean Bitchin' Kitchen.
Paula Deen