What's on the menu for today??

We're having 'skillet steak peperonata' along with grilled zuccs. I love those little '8-ball' zuzzhini - even tho I do have to cut them when they are so small.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? cjs What's on the menu f...
They actually have those small, round zucchini in the store all the time, here, but I've never tried them since they cost more that the regular ones. Maybe I'll have to give them at least one try. Just got an idea for them while typing this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? labradors They actually have t...
As long as the store has veal scallopine, it's veal parmigiana and angel hair.

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? Trixxee As long as the store...
If I don't get inspired, I have spaghetti on standby.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? Gourmet_Mom If I don't get inspi...
Pan fried filets with brandy mushroom sauce and a side of asparagus. Can't grill the steaks because the last time the grill was used some dummy (me) left the burner on, A full tank wasted!
My back-up tank was empty, sometimes I wish that I wasn't so lazy.

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? losblanos1 Pan fried filets wit...
Pretzel dogs, kraut, beer, beans. Great weather. On the deck!
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? farnfam Pretzel dogs, kraut,...
We're having Chicken Francese. There was a 60% chance of rain today in the tropical rain forest Atlanta has become so I thought grilling was probably not a good idea. Today has been more mostly sunny than partly cloudy and it's sunny here at the lake. However, last Saturday there was only a 20% chance of rain, and some good friends brought their boat over to spend the day at our dock. There was a thunderstorm that just circled over us for hours, and the drizzle lasted almost all day.

My dream is that some day I'm going to luck into a job where I can be dead wrong for months on end with no apparent repercussions. Anyone want to join me????

BTW...I'll try to make this my last whine about rain!!! (But it certainly won't be my last post written while drinking a glass of wine...)
  Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? losblanos1 Pan fried filets wit...
Quote:

My back-up tank was empty, sometimes I wish that I wasn't so lazy.

Parallel lives. So was ours Blane!

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? Trixxee [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Quote:

Parallel lives. So was ours Blane!

How's this for parallel lives? Earlier this month you gave a shout out on FB to Tony because he turned 56, next week I turn 56, and you're right, it's old.

Karyn, I would be the CEO of any company that being wrong was ok.

Re: Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner?? losblanos1 [blockquote]Quote:[h...
"You're right, it's old". -are you out of your mind? You all are just getting started, for God's sake!

Karyn, I know how you feel - I get so tired of this dreariness up here, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday, 7/23/13, Dinner??