What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm sure making these 4 little salmon steaks go a long way! Had leftovers so combined with black beans for tacos yesterday, but combined too many goodies, and now I have letovers again. Guess today will be tostadas.

[Image: Oct16SalmonTacowTropicalSalsa_zps1fbfad7c.jpg]

The last time we saw our friend, Houseboat Don, he sent home with us a partial jar of a salsa-que that was just wonderful! I've been emailing with the company and yesterday I received a box from them with jars of all of their salsas (5 different flavors) - but, one was broken.

[Image: Oct16SalsaUndamaged_zps8958c888.jpg]

I used one of them, the Tropical salsa on the tacos last night and it's another winner!! The company is in Hillsboro, OR so I'm hoping to stop there on our way thru next trip.

Grandma Chonga's Salsa
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Not set in stone yet because it would require Tony stopping at the store for cilantro and tortillas but I'm thinking this. Would eliminate the zucchini and add grilled onions.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...le-Cream-235158

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? Trixxee Not set in stone yet...
Trixxee, you are cooking! Good for you! Does that mean your scooter is helping you have a little freedom?

We were going to put some chicken thighs on the grill tonight, but it's pouring down rain, so not likely. May do a Ginger Chicken recipe that Billy gave me that is a cold weather favorite. Some steamed rice and broccoli on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? Mare749 Trixxee, you are coo...
Left overs of the roast and potatoes. So darn good. Derek and I were both shocked at how tender it came out. I got the ends a perfect medium for him and middle med rare for me

PJ best bust a move

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? DFen911 Left overs of the ro...
I was lazy today and didn't want to make a doctored 1,000 island dressing for a taco-like salad, so did this.

Mixed just a little of each
miracle whip
mayo (don't see why just mayo wouldn't work)
La Victoria med. taco sauce
Red's Hot Wings sauce

and, it was delicious. So easy and fast. sometimes it pays to be lazy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? cjs I was lazy today and...
Don't you just love it when you can make what you want from stuff you already have? Good idea, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? Mare749 Don't you just love ...
yes,I sure do.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? cjs yes,I sure do. [img]...
Chile Colorado Burritos with Maryann's B'day dinner Mexican rice.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? losblanos1 Chile Colorado Burri...
We had a very late lunch of leftover pork in a green empanada sauce on corn tortillas, topped with chili beans, fried eggs, salsa, sour cream etc etc. I'm still so full, I can't look at food, but he has to eat, so it's leftover homemade soup and ham/cheese sandwiches.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13?? Lorraine We had a very late l...
What a cool sub, Jean!

I've had the ingredients for Chicken Piccata for over a week, so that is dinner! I wanted something simple and yummy that would go with a little of the Cuban Bread my friends surprised me with at choir last night after their trip to FL! YUM!

Although, dinner is late. William got his first buck! I'll try to post.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 10/17/13??