What's on the menu for everyone today?

Haven't a clue here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I'm thawing some double thick pork steaks. I'll make a stuffing of apples, celery, onions, rye bread. I have a pan of smothered cabbage on the go. Roasted fingerling potatoes, maybe some carrots.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? Lorraine I'm thawing some dou...
It's a rainy stormy day here, so comfort food is in order. Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? losblanos1 It's a rainy stormy ...
I think I just need to move in with Blane and CA. I would love that recipe!

Tony's been in Atlanta all week - Michael and I decided just a plain cheese pizza delivered from Papa John's is in order for the two of us.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? Trixxee I think I just need ...
OK, found the meatball recipe. I'm going to see if I can get Tony to make these this weekend. I could probably even persuade Michael to try one.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? Trixxee OK, found the meatba...
" Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes"

Blane, make lots of mashed potatoes and make some Lefsa to go with your meatballs!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? cjs " Norwegian meatball...
Quote:

Blane, make lots of mashed potatoes and make some Lefsa to go with your meatballs!!!!!

Nice idea Jean! I had a blast making lefse last year. I think I will have to do that again. I may have to make these meatballs too!

Tonight I am pulling a Pioneer Woman Enchiladas out of my freezer from a few weeks back. Glad I decided to make 3 that day and freeze 2, this saves me from time to time I will make a side of white rice to go with it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? luvnit [blockquote]Quote:[h...
I'm pulling ribs I cooked a while back out of the freezer. I've got them in a slow oven. We're having corn on the cob and salad for sides.

I just finished my FIFTY PEPs (Personal Education Plans) and I'm exhausted! Is there anything else they want out of me? A few organs or a couple pints of blood?!?! Still have to finish my ten page unit I just finished teaching and start the ten page one I started today. Progress reports will go out the end of next week. The unit I just finished was the first research project they ever wrote...four week nightmare! And I'm two weeks behind on grading papers. Not to mention the 100 research papers they just finished! That's assuming they all completed them...NOT!

Okay, I'm done. Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? Gourmet_Mom I'm pulling ribs I c...
OH, THAT ROCK! Hang in there!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13?? cjs OH, THAT ROCK! Hang ...
Aw Daphne- you sound so ready for retirement. This year, right? Sounds like it is time for you to go. I know we all expect teachers to be perfect and bright and bouncy but after 30 years it must get old - especially with all this Common Core stuff coming down.

Hang in there - the retirement benefits will be worth it.
Thursday's Dinner, 11./7/13??