What's on the menu for everyone today (Geez, it's still hard to type with tears, Daphne!)

Travel day, a short one, for us and we'll have some Mexican Stew when we land in Barstow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Sorry! I know what you mean, but you have to admit, it's a very special story.

Time for the big reveal! With highs in the low 40's...cold for here this time of year....we are having stew, also. Thanks to a friend, William will be making his mother's CATFISH STEW!!!! YUMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? Gourmet_Mom Sorry! I know what ...
Oh yeah, I was thinking the dinner would have something to do with catfish!!! Enjoy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? cjs Oh yeah, I was think...
Catfish stew sounds tasty, Daphne. Even better that William is cooking it for you.

Dinner will be really good take-out pizza at Holly's house later today. Ron and I are headed to Burke Lakefront airport's Premier Flight Academy for his first ever flying lesson. It's a balmy 26° here.

ETA: the flight instructor just called to cancel. We had snow overnight and more to come.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? Mare749 Catfish stew sounds ...
Blue skies and 35 degrees. I came on here looking for inspiration and I found it, stew on the menu here also, Beef Bourguignon.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? losblanos1 Blue skies and 35 de...
Oh, what a disappointment for Ron!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? cjs Oh, what a disappoin...
Poor Ron....I know he must have been so excited.
Daphne

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? Gourmet_Mom Poor Ron....I know h...
I have a couple of steaks thawing. Daphne whats the recipe for your stew? Could it be done with cod do you think?

Might be doing our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow instead of Thursday. Lol I bought the 20lb bird and put it in the fridge and I think the darn thing has already thawed. Never had one thaw that fast before, but figure who cares it just means I get to eat turkey and stuffing sooner than later

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? DFen911 I have a couple of s...
Enjoy your various stews today. They all sound good to me. Sunny and a high of 68 today. Leftover ham & bean soup but since we had garlic toast last night I'll make some cornbread today (need it anyway for the stuffing for Thursday).

Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13?? Trixxee Enjoy your various s...
Denise, I'm not sure, maybe someone else will know. William says yes. This site is kinda hokey, but I think you might get a kick out of it. Savannah River Catfish Stew We have always used bacon, but other than that, this is how we do it.

Jean, you asked me about trot lines a while back. This site explains how it got it's name. But we hang our lines along a long rope strung between two anchored floats and set it out in the middle of the lake. We can only do it in winter due to heavy boat activity in the summer.

[Image: image-1.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]
Daphne
Sunday Dinner, 11/24/13??