This was a great side dish! I didn't have pinenuts so I used toasted almond slivers and it was just fine. Matter of fact I knew it was good when Derek asked for seconds AND to add it to my recipe program That's when I knew I had to share it with you all! Recipe calls for 2 cups of sliced shallots, I cut it in half.

1 3/4 pounds brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
12 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Working in small batches, place brussels sprouts in feed tube of processor fitted with thin slicing disk; slice.
Melt butter with olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until almost translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add brussels sprouts; increase heat to medium-high and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons pine nuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon pine nuts and serve.

Recipe courtesy Epicurious

Shaved Brussels Sprouts DFen911 This was a great sid...
This happens to be one of our favorite ways with spouts, too, Denise. Love them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts cjs This happens to be o...
Is this the one from C@H? We loved that one. The shaved brussel sprouts are so good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts luvnit Is this the one from...
Laura this was from Epicurious

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts DFen911 Laura this was from ...
Youngest son admitted the other day he had learned to like them. I'll be sharing this one and the other popular ones you guys have shared over the years. I may even try this one out on William. It looks to be fairly heart healthy minus the butter? Although, that doesn't seem like too much to me for a little flavor?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts Gourmet_Mom Youngest son admitte...
Daphne, did you try the Ribbony Brussels Sprouts recipe from C@H? The recipe is very similar. I made it for a side about a month ago and we just gobbled it up. Issue No. 102
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts luvnit Daphne, did you try ...
Daphne, you might try mixing butter with olive oil - more flavor, more healthy
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Shaved Brussels Sprouts cjs Daphne, you might tr...
Jean, that's what I was thinking. One of the modifications I plan to implement in my recipes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts