What's on the menu for everyone today?

Pizza brunch here with the Antipasto l/os for topping. Later, something with the leftover pork tenderloin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I have no idea? Off to look for inspiration.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Gourmet_Mom I have no idea? Off...
One of my favorite burritos - grilled spice rubbed chicken, caramelized onions, spanish rice, homemade guacamole. They'll be big boys.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Trixxee One of my favorite b...
Okay, I've decided on Honey Citrus BBQ Chicken. I'll do steamed broccoli for the green side, but the starch is a little of this and that. I have leftover Corn Casserole and polenta. I'm thinking of trying my hand at baking or frying the polenta. But I have no idea how to do either?
Daphne

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Gourmet_Mom Okay, I've decided o...
I'm not sure on dinner yet. I have some leftover chicken - if my back straightens out I'm thinking some enchiladas.

Daphne the only time I've ever been able to successfully fry polenta was with Jean standing by.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Harborwitch I'm not sure on dinn...
That doesn't sound promising! LOL!
Daphne

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Gourmet_Mom That doesn't sound p...
Ina Garten's crispy mustard roasted chicken. Can't wait till eating right, no drinking purge ends! Monday cannot come fast enough

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? DFen911 Ina Garten's crispy ...
Daphne, as long as your polenta is chilled, cut into squares and add to a hot skillet coated with spray and a little oil. Brown quickly, without moving around - let a crust form before moving and that's it. Any kind of sauce is great with it.

IF anyone ever has too large an antipasto salad to eat, be sure to take it home and use for topping on pizza. This was wonderful and the added bonus is they added chunked up canteloupe in the salad and it really added a nice flavor to the pizza also!!

[Image: Dec20AntipastoPizza2_zps8a2eb93b.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? cjs Daphne, as long as y...
Thanks, Jean! I'll give it a try!
Daphne

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13?? Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Jean! I'll ...
We're headed to Empire State South to celebrate with the graduate. We've not eaten there before, but apparently the jars, listed under Snackies, are really amazing. It may be one of those dinners where we spend so much time with the starters that we wind up sharing the entrees and desserts as well. It's so fun to eat that way!
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/20/13??