I've downloaded a couple of ebooks - 101 Uses for Ramen Noodles (or something like that), so maybe this came from there, can't remember. Anyway, it is a fast and easy weeknight dinner and just delicious!

I roasted broccoli tossed in a little sesame oil to go with and we just added it to the bowl of noodles and the flavors really worked.

Ramen Noodle Chicken Pad Thai

1 package chicken flavor ramen noodles, 3 ounce
1 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs peanut butter
1/2 Tbs garlic chili paste
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked chicken
Unsalted chopped peanuts, garnish

1. Cooking Instructions

2. Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Add noodles, reserve flavor packet, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Drain noodles.

4. Add soy sauce, peanut butter and garlic chili paste to pan and stir to combine. If needed, add cooking liquid to smooth out sauce.

5. Add cooked noodles and stir to coat noodles. Add cooked chicken and stir to combine. Top with chopped peanuts. Serves 2.

Source: Chef's "On the Menu" newsletter - 10/14/13

------
Nope, guess I got it online....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Ramen Noodle Ideas cjs I've downloaded a co...
Sounds like an interesting short-cut type of recipe. Ramen is so versatile and always fun.

When I try this, I'll probably add a tiny bit of fish sauce, as well.

That reminds me: that new supermarket here has actual Pad-Thai noodles, bean threads (aka "glass" noodles) and a pre-packaged mix for making Butter Chicken. I'll certainly be experimenting with all of these and now I'll have to add the ramen idea, too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Ramen Noodle Ideas cjs I've downloaded a co...
Just for fun, I picked up a small book like that at the grocery store check-out. There were actually quite a few recipes that sounded good but haven't tried any yet. There is one called Time-saving Thai Wraps that is similar to the one you posted. There is even a recipe for pizza that uses the noodles in place of the crust.

For anyone watching sodium, almost all of the recipes do not use the flavor packet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Easy Fast Ramen Dish Mare749 Just for fun, I pick...
I love playing with these noodles and I almost always throw the packet away - way too much sodium for anyone!

Fish sauce? yes! Butter Chicken??????

Time-saving Wraps? love to see that one. Shall I rename this thread to 'RAMEN NOODLE IDEAS' ????? Think I willl.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas cjs I love playing with ...
Here it is:

* Exported from MasterCook *

TIMESAVING THAI WRAPS

1 3 oz. package chicken-flavored ramen noodles**
2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 Cups packaged coleslaw mix
1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
8 6-inch flour tortillas
soy sauce (optional)

Cook noodles according to package directions; do not drain. Add peanut butter, one tsp. at a time, stirring until melted. Stir in coleslaw mix and chicken; cover and set aside 2 minutes.

Spoon noodle mixture onto tortillas. Sprinkle with soy sauce, if desired. Wrap and serve immediately.

Makes 6 wraps

**Discard seasoning packet
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas Mare749 Here it is:[br][br] ...
Jean,

Honestly, I've never HAD Butter Chicken - only heard of it in the many British cooking shows I've watched.

Although the name makes it sound like it must be cooked in tons of butter, it isn't. In fact, the butter is in the sauce and isn't even a huge amount. Either way, it has always sounded delicious to me.

BTW, this new supermarket even had jars of ghee! Of course, it was pretty expensive, so I'd still rather make it myself, but it's just amazing the unlikely things one can sometimes find here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas labradors Jean,[br][br]Honestl...
I forgot to mention a good dollop of sweet chili sauce was good, too.

I will be making those wraps - maybe using additional seasonings.

Labs, maybe 'they' are referring to Butterfish - we had it in Hawaii. darn, I can't remember the other names for it. Have it on my laptop, tho.d

We're on the road working with the shaky keyboard again!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas cjs I forgot to mention ...
Don't forget the 'hamburger' buns from Burger Project 2013

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas DFen911 Don't forget the 'ha...
Yes, they need to be on this thread, also.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ramen Noodle Ideas cjs Yes, they need to be...
I used to do a chicken/cabbage/ramen dish but I'll be darned if I can find it now. Hmmm, maybe my friend Joanna will remember it. I haven't made in in at least 3-4 years. I liked it because it was good and cheap.
Ramen Noodle Ideas