What's on the menu for all today??

I'm smoking the leg/thigh portion of Thanksgiving turkey and a large batch of 'smoked ketchup' IF I can get the smoker warm enough in this cold spell - 20° right now. B-R-R-R-R-R-R--r
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Leftover spaghetti pie from last night
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? luvnit Leftover spaghetti p...
Hi stranger!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? cjs Hi stranger!...
Jean, what type of container do you put the ketchup in to smoke it? I want to try that if it ever warms up around here.

Dinner tonight is tapas! (leftovers from the last three nights) I'll make a fresh vegetable and open some wine so it's more festive.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? Mare749 Jean, what type of c...
I'm thinking chicken piccata and a salad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? Trixxee I'm thinking chicken...
Maryann, if I do about 64 oz. each time and I just divide between shallow alum. pans - or 1/4 inserts to my chafers but not as deep as in pix - I have some 2 1/2" deep.

[Image: July10Balketchupandregular_zpsb29dbaf2.jpg]

[Image: insert_zpsb18782ea.jpg]

Denise, I think I told you the wrong amount of time for smoking the ketchup - it should be 2 hours, stirring every 30-45 minutes.

Maryann, I can't tell you how delicious this is.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? cjs Maryann, if I do abo...
We are madly in love with smoked ketchup.

We are having meatloaf tonight and I'll probably top it with the last of my smoked ketchup. It'll be up to Bob; Buttermilk mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, and probably brussels sprouts or "Deviled Green Beans" (found in an old food processor cookbook & it looks intriguing).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? Harborwitch We are madly in love...
Thanks, Jean. Can't wait to do this!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? Mare749 Thanks, Jean. Can't ...
Very interesting... I said to Brad a few moments ago, "Jean is smoking her ketchup now." His response, "How does she keep it lit."

Oh geez he is just too funny And now that he is laid off, I get the benefit of this humor all-day-long...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14?? luvnit Very interesting... ...
Thank you Jean! As soon as it stops raining I'm going to be trying these!
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/7/14??