What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure yet here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? Trixxee Meatloaf and mashed ...
I put some venison steaks in the slow cooker with mushrooms, onions, and cream of mushroom soup. Will have that with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? Mare749 I put some venison s...
Chipotle chicken burgers.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? losblanos1 Chipotle chicken bur...
Decided - Hot Brown sandwiches and I also made some Leek & Potato soup for later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? cjs Decided - Hot Brown ...
Well, after last week's snowstorm in Atlanta, we headed to Pittsburgh for a long weekend last Friday. We did not see temperatures above freezing our entire time there, but when we got of the plane in Atlanta today, it was 68 degrees. It is sooo good to be home, even though I loved visiting with family. I think we need to change the dates of our visits...

Tonight's dinner is Chicken Bellagio. I've never tried the recipe before, but I'm not sure how you can go wring with pasta, pesto. cream, chicken, prosciutto and Parmesan all in one dish! I really like that you top it with arugula so that you can pretend it's healthy.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? karyn Well, after last wee...
Braised pepper corn pork roast, herbed steak potatoes and toss salad.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? karyn Well, after last wee...
That looks really good, Karyn! I look forward to your review!

Yesterday, I made a special stop at Lowes Food to get asparagus while I was in the city. My mother had told me it was on sale for $1.29/lb. (And yes, my decision to eat lunch in the city was motivated by my desire to get the asparagus. I know...sad!) Anyway, when I got there, they had reduced it to 99 cent!!! BUT THEY WERE OUT! (Yes, I got a rain check!)

Anyway, I picked up a large pack of chicken breasts (also on sale) in case I felt we would want dinner last night...NOT! So tonight, I froze some for later and made Chicken Piccatta with pasta and peas. I love a fast, easy, and tasty dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? Gourmet_Mom That looks really go...
Quote:

That looks really good, Karyn! I look forward to your review!

Daphne, the Chicken Bellagio was absolutely delicious, but certainly not diet-friendly! The only change I'll make the next time is that I won't bother to flour the chicken before I saute it. I think that step was totally unnecessary.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14?? karyn [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Karyn, copied and printed, thank you! I love that kind of dish, and have all the ingredients. We went to a monthly potluck dinner. Kind of funny, almost everyone brought a pasta dish. All different shapes and sizes of pasta, but all in a tomato sauce, and all tasted the same. Luckily, we brought 3 desserts.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Monday's Dinner, 2/17/14??