It would take a heck of a long time to get this book to you, I'm sure, if you ordered it. So, here is the recipe.

Mushroom Mushroom Soup - Andrew Schloss
“Dinner’s Ready – Turn a Single Meal into a Week of Dinners”

Need to start with 1 3/4 cups gravy

Gravy:
5 T. flour
1/4 cup vege oil
1/2 tsp. rubbed dry sage
2 T. ground coriander
4 cups chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
3 T. chopped cilantro

In saucepan, mix the 1/4 cup oil with the flour; cook over moderate heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Add sage, coriander and chicken broth; simmer fr 15 minutes.

Add lemon juice, 1 T. of the cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.

For Soup:
¼ oz. dried wild mushrooms, any type
2 cups hot water
1 lb. white mushrooms, stems trimmed and cleaned
2 tsps. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 3/4 cups gravy
Salt & pepper to taste
1 T. chopped parsley leaves

Soak the dried mushrooms in the hot water in a bowl until softened, about 20 min. Remove the mushrooms from the water and finely chop them. Strain soakingliquid thru a paper towel set in a strainer or a coffee filter. Set aside both the mushrooms and the soaking liquid. Meanwhile, slice half the white mushrooms and finely chop the rest. Set both aside.

Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat and cook onion in it until softened, stirring frequently, about 2 min.

Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add the remaining fresh mushrooms and the chopped wild mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their liquid, about 4 min.

Add the reserved gravy and soaking liquid and heat thru. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley, if desired

-------------
It's really quite tasty!! Enjoy
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Mushroom Mushroom Soup Recipe - Labs cjs It would take a heck...
We love mushroom soup around here, so thank you very much, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Mushroom Mushroom Soup Recipe - Labs Mare749 We love mushroom sou...
Thanks! Now I hope that mushrooms go on sale soon. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Mushroom Mushroom Soup Recipe - Labs labradors Thanks! Now I hope ...
the 'overage' gravy is delicious and I'm sure we can all find uses for it without doing fried chicken everytime. I know I'll have to, 'cause Roy is asking for the soup again already!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Mushroom Mushroom Soup Recipe - Labs