and, man is this ever chocolatey and delicious.

Rich Baked Chocolate Puddings

Although this deep, dark chocolate pudding is easily made in ramekins, it’s fun to bake and serve in small glass jars. Pim Techamuanvivit likes using old, mismatched jam jars. F&W 2/17/14 - Made 4/6/14 - cooked the entire 20 min., but it was a little overcooked. Try 15-17 minutes next time.

10 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick plus 6 tablespoons (7 ounces) unsalted butter
Sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for garnish

1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Arrange eight 1/2-cup ramekins or 1-cup wide-mouthed jars in a large roasting pan.

2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate at medium power for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds; let cool.

3. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the whole eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 4 minutes.

4. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat until sizzling. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Add to the egg mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.

5. Spoon the pudding into the ramekins. Carefully fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake the puddings for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm but the centers are still a bit soft. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let the puddings cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

6. Make Ahead The puddings can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.

7. Suggested Pairing - The group enjoyed these puddings with an Armagnac (a French brandy similar to Cognac). Armagnacs are known for their nuances of prune, spice and vanilla.

------
Note: Not too bad for us - I made 1/2 a batch and each of the 4 puddings was barely 1/3 cup. And, it was so rich that I only ate 1/2 of that. (Now, I have some to have with coffee today! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Had a Chocolate Attack! cjs and, man is this eve...
And it sounds so chocolatey and delicious! Just can't do it right now. Maybe for a splurge...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Had a Chocolate Attack! Mare749 And it sounds so cho...
Whoa must be something in the air because I was looking at this Flourless Chocolate Cake

Re: Had a Chocolate Attack! DFen911 Whoa must be somethi...
Oh my! Maybe for a special occasion! Got me drooling for both!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Had a Chocolate Attack!