This is the post from facebook which I posted yesterday - we had such a great time with these folks. And, this rouille was wonderful on the toasted bread rounds.
-----------
New friends treated us to a wonderful Paella dinner last evening – Gary & Guimi entertained us royally with a Shellfish/Chicken/Sausage/kitchen sink dish cooked in their gazebo while the rest of us relaxed with good wine and ‘hearty’ Bloody Marys. Finished the evening with a rum cake and port. Happy campers all! Our thanks to them for a wonderful evening – the first of many get togethers, I’m sure.

It should not surprise anyone that I came away with a recipe! Guimi makes the tastiest 'Butter' Rouille which we all were ‘slathering with abandonment’ (like that turn of phrase? ) on our bread rounds. A perfect match for the Paella!

Guimi’s Butter Rouille

Whisk together or combine in a processor:
3 cloves garlic
1/3 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 cup mayo
Ground pepper
1/3 tsp. saffron which has been soaked in 1 T. hot water

I’m going to tape this recipe to my Paella book so it’s always handy
--------------
Laura jumped on this one faster than any of us - she made it last night and enjoyed it, also. I'll probably do some today to go with my ribs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe cjs This is the post fro...
This was really good. We put it on our steaks, bread, and asparagus! Great on all of it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe luvnit This was really good...
Oh Good Lord, this is so good!!!

18-hour bread just out of the oven - slathered with this 'butter'

[Image: Apr1318hrbreadandbutterrouille_zpsff074c3f.jpg]

Now I'm thinking what if.......... add a little mashed anchovy?????????????

P.S. I meant to add to this post - I read or heard somewhere that saffron "....is an aroma you can taste." And, you know, it's true.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe cjs Oh Good Lord, this i...
I gotta make some 18-hour bread?
Laura

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe luvnit I gotta make some 18...
Yup!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe cjs Yup!...
That sounds delicious, but I'm not happy with you Jean! The first jet ski ride of the season meant that I put on some board shorts. They were TIGHT!!! Gotta lay off the butter for a few weeks. LOL!!!

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe karyn That sounds deliciou...
Look Again! There is no butter in it. And, you can use lower fat mayo.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe cjs Look Again! There is...
Brad was making dinner last night, burgers on the grill, so I grabbed the Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille to top my burger. It had sat overnight and when I stirred it, the saffron let out even more color! It was a beautiful golden color. Tasted even better than the day before. I can't wait to try this stuff on some corn on the cob!
Laura

Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe luvnit Brad was making dinn...
or a baked potato....with some chives
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe cjs Look Again! There is...
Quote:

Look Again! There is no butter in it. And, you can use lower fat mayo.

Okay, I'm definitely giving it a try!
Guimi’s 'Butter' Rouille reicpe