What's on the menu for everyone today??

Here?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I'm going to bake some bone-in chicken breast halves, baked potatoes, and making a salad with micro greens, baby beets, feta, and a dijon type of vinegariette.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Trixxee I'm going to bake so...
Well, I'm two for two so far. Tonight we'll see if Asiago Mushroom Chicken is as good as it looks. I'm going to serve it with polenta and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Gourmet_Mom Well, I'm two for tw...
Daphne - I'm almost positive that Karyn made that chicken dish recently and was disappointed. Now I can't remember why - bland maybe?

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Trixxee Daphne - I'm almost ...
Thanks for the heads up, Trixxee! You're right. I'm off to figure out what else to make. Bummer! I had such high hopes!
Daphne

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Gourmet_Mom Thanks for the heads...
Welcome! Funny, I can't remember to bring a grocery store list with me to the grocery store, but I can remember what someone else made last week. Weird...LOL.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Trixxee Welcome! Funny, I c...
That IS funny! I think I may try to do a riff on the Molto Manicotti? Or just start with a Béchamel and add a bunch of Asiago? We'll see.
Daphne

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Gourmet_Mom That IS funny! I th...
Chinese tonight! Egg foo yung, sweet and sour shrimp and pork fried rice.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? losblanos1 Chinese tonight! Egg...
That sounds so good Blane. But, I'm not going to make it. Maybe we'll just get take-out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14?? Mare749 That sounds so good ...
Well, I found this recipe for Asiago Chicken Marsala , but it still didn't seem just what I was looking for. The Marsala made sense, based on Karyn's disappointment with the other one with just white wine, but I went with it and played. I added sprigs of thyme with the Marsala and stock. After letting it simmer down a little, it still seemed the Marsala flavor was a bit strong. So I added a bit of cream and plenty of the cheese. WOW! Now this is flavor packed!!! The chicken and mushroom mixture is simmering on low.....waiting on the kids to get here. I'm just leaving the polenta pretty plain....maybe a little cheese? More would be a waste of flavor.
Daphne
Thursday's Dinner, 4/24/14??