What's on the menu for today??

I'm fudging - having Cinco de Mayo today - starting with a champagne brunch and Huevos MotuleƱos. I made my Frijoles de la Olla (Pot beans) yesterday and a couple more steps for the finished meal.

Later, we're going simple and doing our old family favorite of Tacos.

With a beer or two
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

"Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We are making norwegian meatballs, mashed potatoes and either canned corn or steamed broccoli.

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? Trixxee We are making norweg...
This afternoon we have Alyssa's First Communion party. Heather has been back in school taking graduate courses as well as working full-time, so did not want to do the party herself or push it off on me.

So, she booked a party room/patio at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. They were very accommodating about letting her plan her own menu. We will probably have chicken parm with pasta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? Mare749 This afternoon we ha...
Quote:

chicken parm with pasta

Works for me!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
me too on another day - I'm so hungry for a Mexican day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? cjs me too on another da...
That was so sweet of her, Maryann!

That's so funny, Jean! I'm doing taco salad this evening! And YAY for hubby! He's decided he can get up early enough in the morning, so I'll have him for an extra beautiful afternoon and evening!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? Gourmet_Mom That was so sweet of...
Today I'm making my favorite, pan fried filet with balsamic and blue cheese.

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? losblanos1 Today I'm making my ...
Oh wow - for those of you who have The Beautiful Cookbook Series - Mexico. This brunch was just outstanding.

Huevos MotuleƱos, page 128, is so darn good!!! and, I did make my own Frijoles Refritos from Frijoles de la Olla and used my whole container of bacon grease. But, it was so worth it.

Brunch
[Image: May4HuevosMotulenos_zps5ed288f1.jpg]

Dessertto finish up the Opolo sparkling
[Image: May4ChampagneMarjeanchocolate_zps178528f9.jpg]

We're so full, we're goregoing the tacos planned for the afternoon and decided we'll just make Margarits (Brendaritss ) and play cribbage AND turn the laptop off so I don't get in trouble.....

-------
by the way, where's Sharon - she'd be all over this. I hope they made it back to Warden in one piece. Chad's probably making them overwork for deserting him over the winter.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? cjs Oh wow - for those o...
The Gallina Pinta I cooked last night was delicious.

It had what the judges on the Australian and New-Zealand versions of MasterChef call "bags and bags of flavour."

I only tasted it after making it, last night, but shall not actually eat it until tomorrow. Tonight I'll finish up some odds and ends of various leftovers.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: "Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14?? labradors The [i]Gallina Pinta...
Gotta go back and look at this dish more, Labs
www.achefsjourney.com
"Cuatro de Mayo" Dinner, 5/4/14??