Anyone remember this cake that Vicci posted a number of years ago? I can't find my recipe and I'm not having any luck searching for it here.

I want to make it in the next couple of days, so need it quickly. Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? cjs Anyone remember this...
I knew it - as soon as I yelled help, I found it. If you haven't made this one, you might give it a try - wonderful!!

Chocolate Gingerbread Cake

Servings : 14

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup pureed pears
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate
Fudge Cake Mix -- or any brand without pudding added
1 package Jello Instant Pudding Mix, Chocolate Fudge -- (3.9 ounce size)

Spray a 10-cup bundt pan with cooking oil spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.

With an electric mixer, beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Add the ingredients through molasses and beat for 1 minute. Add water and spices and blend into the mixture.

Pour the cake mix, then the pudding mix, into the wet ingredients. Beat at low speed for 1 minute to incorporate ingredients, scraping the bowl frequently, then turn the speed up to medium for 2 minutes (again, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently).

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted between the center and side of the pan comes out with only a couple of crumbs attached.

Cool cake on rack for 15 minutes. Loosen cake from center and edges, tap gently once or twice on a hard surface, then invert onto a cooking rack sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to cool completely. Transfer to a plate.

Sift powdered sugar over top of cooled cake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 271 Calories (kcal); 8g Total Fat (2g Saturated); (25% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 27mg Cholesterol; 449mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

NOTE: Pureed pears are simply an oil substitute made from draining a can of pears (packed in juice) then pureeing them until smooth. One can (about 14 ounces?) makes about 2/3 cup of puree (and it freezes nicely). This works very well in replacing half of the oil in quick bread and cake recipes such as this one. If you don't want to do this, just sub an equal amount of canola oil.

--------------------
Vicci

I'm going to serve it with Lemon Luscious ice cream that we were all making a few years ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? cjs I knew it - as soon ...
It sounds really good with the Lemon Luscious Ice Cream. If I ever have an oven again . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? cjs I knew it - as soon ...
Wow, that does sound good! I'm keeping this one and will make it soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? Gourmet_Mom Wow, that does sound...
I have everything for this. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? Lorraine I have everything fo...
Lorraine, I'm doing mine as parfaits instead of cake slices with caramel & cider sauces.

Layered:
whip cream
cake pieces
cider sauce
chocolate ice cream
caramel sauce
whip cream
stemmed cherry

I did it this way once before and they are so pretty and so good!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? cjs Lorraine, I'm doing ...
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Doing them in muffin tins ( or my pyramid shaped ones), slicing, filling, layering. He thought a chocolate ganache icing would be nice.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? Lorraine I was kind of thinki...
That's just plain cruel, you to! LOL!

But thanks for the ideas! I like the muffin idea and definitely the Carmel sauce! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? Gourmet_Mom That's just plain cr...
I don't think any neighborhood could handle Lorraine, Gil & me, Daphne! But, we'd sure have fun.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake?? cjs I don't think any ne...
Now to figure out how to do this in a mug....
Chocolate-Gingerbread Cake??