What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making part of Maryann's B'day dinner - the panzanella, a little late, but it does sound so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Yay! I'm so surprised, Jean! I hope you like it as much as we did.

In fact, that just might be dinner again tonight, only with hot sausage this time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? Mare749 Yay! I'm so surprise...
Maryann - did I mention that I added a little julienned fresh basil to the salad (had it on hand already). It was a nice touch.

Totally up in the air about dinner. I am craving the shrimp/tequila/creamy lime cilantro sauce dish we had a little Mexican hole in the wall last week. Maybe I can talk Tony into that.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? Trixxee Maryann - did I ment...
Lol I'm making the same thing

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? DFen911 Lol I'm making the s...
Brad is cooking tonight! I have to work, so he assured me that he 'has the buttered noodles covered'. That's what we'll be having. A big bowl of Buttered Noodles. Yum!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? luvnit Brad is cooking toni...
Oh Laura, we've done that too - and it's so good and comfy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? cjs Oh Laura, we've done...
Quote:

A big bowl of Buttered Noodles. Yum!

Mt favourite!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
Did anyone who made the panzanella think that the vinaigrette tasted like a Caesar salad dressing?

Grilling Steak au Poivre skewer salad tonight.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? losblanos1 Did anyone who made ...
HOw funny Blane, I just added my review to the thread and mentioned that it was good enough to use with a Caesar!! Loved it.

Also, for wine drinkers - an Oregon wine, Becker's Muller Thurgau (which is a German Rielsing) was excellent.

NOTE TO DENISE: on my wine label on this bottle, it's noted: "w/Denise & Derek" have any idea why I wrote that???????????????? (Cis or Daphne have the brain today )
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14?? cjs HOw funny Blane, I j...
Steak night! Best rib eyes I've had in a long time! Perfect one inch Angus Beef with heavy marbling perfectly carmelized on the grill!!!! YUM!

I may just have to try this salad. Hmmmm????

I had an interesting morning, BTW. I got to school to be greeted by my principal and my students gathered in the cafeteria. My classroom was broken into last night. The vandals used my room to get to the teachers lounge to use a crowbar on the drink machine to get away with $25 to $50. Really? They cut the bush down outside my window that provided cover for the break in...again! DUH! Luckily, I take my laptop home every day. And nothing was disturbed in my room, so I was not targeted. But it made for a very eventful day. The kids were crazier than usual this time of year! Thankfully the day and week are done. Ten more days with the kids with testing both weeks. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Oh, and I haven't seen the brain in weeks! Obviously! Don't expect to even be on the rotation for possession for a couple more weeks. Good luck with that, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/30/14??