June already!!! What's on the menu for everyone today?

doing some ribs and a salad here - this weather (low 80s) is just wonderful!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? cjs June already!!! [img...
Birthday party for Alyssa this afternoon. Our little miracle baby is 9 today! So, we will have a cook-out at Heather's house with hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, baked beans, and birthday cake.

Jean, I agree. The weather has been just amazing for several days now!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? Mare749 Birthday party for A...
I'm trying out a new recipe today, coke brined chicken with corn on the cob. Denise made it a couple of weeks ago and it sounded really good.

Happy B'day to Alyssa!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? losblanos1 I'm trying out a new...
Oh Maryann, I just saw anon looking at the thread where you got a sausage maker - '06? and you were going to the christening for your grandson!! I was going to bring it to the top, but I've been doing that so much, I thought I'd better back off. It was a fun read.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? cjs Oh Maryann, I just s...
I remember that! I am doing last night's dinner tonight. I think I'll get the steaks all breaded and ready to go to save some time when I get off. I hate working closing shifts! My lettuce is doing well so we'll have a big salad with it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? Harborwitch I remember that! I ...
Went freezer diving and found some pulled pork that we smoked last month but instead of making sandwiches out of it, we're going to pile it on those TJ's scallion pancakes and and drizzle with bbq sauce. Corn on the cob as well.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? Harborwitch I remember that! I ...
I'm embarrassed to admit that I have only made sausage a few times. Really need to step it up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? Mare749 I'm embarrassed to a...
Blane that chicken is wonderful! I put it on the grill and then put a heavy cast iron skillet on top of it with a brick in it. Just cover the bottom of the pan then you don't have to worry about scrubbing it

I'm grilling some chicken thighs and putting my bake potatoes on the grill.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? DFen911 Blane that chicken i...
Blane, that is an excellent way to grill chicken and the brine makes it so juicy and tender.

I'm doing an old favorite, Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes. But I'm changing it up and using Penne this time. Our choir always has a celebrate summer party this time of year. I figured penne would be easier to eat since it's outside at picking tables. This year they decided to combine the party with a shower for Baby Parker! And they opened it up to the church. Ought to be a fun afternoon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14?? Gourmet_Mom Blane, that is an ex...
I bet it will be fun afternoon, Daphne!
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 6/1/14??