What's on the menu for today?

As Lorraine would say, Wowza!! Daphne, I sure do like that Korean marinade. Used it last night with a flank steak. I forgot to cut the steak in half before freezing it, so we have lots of leftovers!! Maybe a Korean taaco... (or 'taco' )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Funny, I was just thinking about having tacos, but ours will have grilled fish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? Mare749 Funny, I was just th...
Steak Friday! Filets with balsamic-blue cheese, potato confit and asparagus.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? losblanos1 Steak Friday! Filets...
Thanks, Jean! We love it!

I picked up a London Broil yesterday, but I just realized we had flank steak, just the other night. So now I'm not sure. I want to make that salad Karyn posted, but that would require a trip to town. I'll have to give this some thought.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Jean! We lo...
Scallops over pasta with basil cream sauce. *slurp*

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? DFen911 Scallops over pasta ...
another one of the 'sure sounds good' days!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? cjs another one of the '...
Hot dogs, if anything, along with the blue cheese potato salad I bought for the camping trip that ain't happening. One thing after another, starting with Tony being stuck at O'Hare overnight, sleeping on a cot. Finishing with electrical issues in the house. No kitchen lights, no power in the family room. He has an extension cord running the computer and motem to an outlet that works so at least we have internet access.

Trip just wasn't meant to be. I'm sure Jean and Denise can relate.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? Trixxee Hot dogs, if anythin...
I'm giving Whiskey Braised Short Rib Flatbread a try. I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds to me.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? karyn I'm giving [url=http...
That does sound good! Let us know how it turns out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14?? Gourmet_Mom That does sound good...
Quote:

That does sound good! Let us know how it turns out!

Well, the short ribs were awesome when I tasted them while shredding (is it possible to shred ANYTHING without tasting??), so I had high hopes. However, we hated the crust, which I tried just because I've never done a flatbread crust that didn't use yeast. Not gonna do that again. Yeast dough all the way in the future for me!

Anyway, the completed flatbread was fine, but not worth the effort of braising short ribs, caramelizing onions, and grilling corn. The end result was not an improvement on the individual components. I'll keep the whiskey braised short ribs in mind for other dishes, but I wouldn't bother making it again. Kind of a bummer...
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/20/14??