What's on the menu for all?

For brunch, I'm trying one of those Pillsbury cresent roll things - Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Ring.

Later, we'll have Osso Buco with the last of my freezer veal shanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Chicken enchiladas.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? Trixxee Chicken enchiladas....
We're doing a beer can chicken on the grill, but haven't decided on the sides yet. He might want to grill some corn, too.

Would you let us know how you like the cream cheese crescent thingies? We just love appys using crescent dough.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? Mare749 We're doing a beer c...
I'm doing that Thai Chicken Salad that Karyn shared. It looks BEAUTIFUL! All those lovely colors! I'll get a picture before we dive in!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? Gourmet_Mom I'm doing that Thai ...
Tonight it's Southwestern tenderloin steaks with chipotle mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? losblanos1 Tonight it's Southwe...
I am doing a 28 oz dry aged rib eye with garlic smashed potatoes. I am rationing my small supply but this week Jane and I have earned one!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? Gourmet_Mom I'm doing that Thai ...
Quote:

I'm doing that Thai Chicken Salad that Karyn shared. It looks BEAUTIFUL! All those lovely colors! I'll get a picture before we dive in!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I was going to grill some port tenderloin, but we decided to go out for burgers and fries instead.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? karyn [blockquote]Quote:[h...
We loved it, Karyn! I said more and included a picture in the Summer Salad thread.
Daphne

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? Gourmet_Mom We loved it, Karyn! ...
In between packing, we managed to have a great family dinner with the kids. For breakfast we had Pillsbury crescent roll recipe that was the messiest thing I've ever made while rollng it and I almost threw the whole thing away. But decided to bake it anyway and I'm sure glad I did. You couldn't tell what a mess it had been 'raw' and the flavor was so lemony and good!!

Tried to find the link on Pillsbury, but couldn't, so here's the recipe. I think my problem was Roy picked up 'whipped' cream cheese and it made the filling too runny.

Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Ring

Crescents make this breakfast ring a breeze. Just fill, slice and bake. For bonus points, top with a quick glaze.
This delicious fresh lemon cream cheese crescent ring is so easy to make, yet so impressive! Perfect for brunch, or just serve with coffee or tea for a tasty treat.

Crescent Ring
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
---------
Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar 2 to 3 teaspoons milk

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

2. Unroll dough sheet. (If using crescent rolls, unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13x7-inch rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.) Spread cream cheese mixture on rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.

3. Starting with 1 long side of rectangle, roll up; pinch edge to seal.

4. With serrated knife, cut into 12 slices.

5. Arrange slices on cookie sheet in a circle, overlapping slightly.

6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. In small bowl, mix Glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent ring.

7. Sprinkle the crescent ring with powdered sugar in place of the glaze if you like.

8. You can prepare the crescent ring up to 2 hours ahead of time; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Add a few extra minutes to the bake time.

Yield: total time35 min - 6 servings

--------------------
But, I'll make it again.

For dinner, the 'cheap & dirty' Osso Buco turned out really tasty and so easy! AND, (Bill Miller), I got to use my marrow spoons I've been wanting for so many years!!!!!

[Image: June22OssoBucowMattWendy_zps0ca2b822.jpg]

So, must say it was a very successful day in every way.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14?? cjs In between packing, ...
Yum! I'd say it was a success!
Daphne
Sunday Dinner, 6/22/14??