These wings are just plain delicious!! Goopy, messy and tasty.
And easy dinner also, when you prepare the peanut sauce early in the day and warm it up to toss with the wings.

[Image: June25SpicyPeanutChickenWings_zpscea83365.jpg]

Tried a new method with the fries also, that resulted in a tart/pungent (can't think of the right word )flavor to the fries. I soaked the potatoes in cold water, cider vinegar and a little salt for 30 min., then drained, dried and oven-fried. I’ll sure do this again.

Here's the recipe again - so we can all find it again.
Great sounding chicken wing idea on about.com newsletter today -

Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings SOON

These juicy, delicious chicken wings are tossed with a spicy peanut sauce, then they're served with more sauce on the side for dipping. Use a spicy chili garlic paste or chili paste in these wings, such as a sambal, and feel free to adjust the amount if you like more or less heat. about.com 6/25/14
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 55 minutes - Yield: Makes About 3 to 4 Dozen Pieces

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup water
3 Tbs rice vinegar
2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
4 tsp spicy chili paste, such as sambal
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
3 lbs chicken wings
3 Tbs vegetable oil

3 Tbs hot sauce, such as Frank's or Texas Pete
chopped peanuts, optional

1. Cut wing tips off and discard. Cut the wings at the joint.

2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.

3. Heat the oven to 400° F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil.

4. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil and hot sauce.

5. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet.

6. Bake the wings for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. With tongs, turn all of the wings over. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until nicely browned and cooked through. Juices should be clear, not pink, when the wings are thoroughly cooked.

7. Transfer the cooked wings to a large bowl and add about half of the peanut butter sauce. Toss the wings to coat with the sauce. Thin the remaining sauce, if necessary, and serve with the wings for dipping. Garnish the sauce and chicken with chopped peanuts, if desired.

8. Makes about 3 to 4 dozen pieces, depending on the size of the wings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Review: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings cjs These wings are just...
Jean those just look amazing! I am thinking of a dinner in the near future. Once we get through this weekend - Bob and I will both be putting in LOOOOOONNNNNNGGG hours - Bob's cooking the dinner for a big tournament! Whooohoooo.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Review: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings Harborwitch Jean those just look...
These are right up yours and Bob's alley, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Review: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings cjs These are right up y...
These look delicious! Saving this for sometime really soon! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Review: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings Gourmet_Mom These look delicious...
you are welcome
www.achefsjourney.com
Review: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings