What's on the menu for everyone today?

Not the least a summer meal, but I have frozen oysters to use and nothing better (for me) than corn chowder topped with fried oysters.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Heat's coming so I'll be grilling dinner outside tonight. Chicken quarters, zucchini, eggplant and bread.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? DFen911 Heat's coming so I'l...
We'll probably grill something....not sure what yet.

Okay, change of plans. I had a doctors appointment in town, so I picked up a burger at a local grill. YUM! But this made it difficult to decide on dinner. When I got to the store, I saw hamburger on sale for $2.49/ lb. I couldn't pass that up! But I surely didn't want a burger, so were having Taco Salad. I'll have everything ready before deck time and we'll have an easy dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? Gourmet_Mom We'll probably grill...
Daphne,

Are you okay? Was that just a one time bug thing?

Having hamburgers here, too.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? BarbaraS Daphne,[br][br]Are y...
Chicken quarters here also, doing the coke brined method with the dipping sauces and corn on the cob on the side.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? BarbaraS Daphne,[br][br]Are y...
Yeah, what's up Daphne??

Oh my, I do love corn chowder (with clams) and fried oysers!! I think God made these to go together.

[Image: June30FriedOystersCornchowder_zps88783dc2.jpg]

[Image: June30FriedOysters_zpsbd20ee92.jpg]

at least the food went right today...........................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? cjs Yeah, what's up Daph...
Don't know if Saturdays issue is related or not. I went to the doctor today after a routine blood test last week came back with elevated liver levels. Say that three times really fast! Anyway, the tech wasn't supposed to tell me, but we had chatted on and on about her love for Southport, she whispered to me on the way out that I have gallstones. LOVELY! This family needs to catch a break! REALLY?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? Gourmet_Mom Don't know if Saturd...
Oh Noooooooo!!

I think I am one of the last persons in my family (of 10) to actually possess this organ.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? BarbaraS Oh Noooooooo!![br][b...
Got back a little bit ago from camping and dropping the RV off for some updates to the rubber roof, having all the decals or whatever you call the stripes/design on the outside taken off and having new designs painted on so no more peeling, carpets shampooed and possibly redesigning the TV area in the living room to accommodate a 32" flat panel. The thing is 14 years old - time for some remodeling.

So with all that said, there is not much in the house and I have a mountain of laundry to do so it's leftover pizza from last night and leftover german food from today's quick lunch out.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14?? Trixxee Got back a little bi...
Wow! You all have been busy! Trixxee, have fun with the renovations. I'm sure you'll love it.

Daphne, gall stones?!? I'm so sorry.

The kids decided to stay over at the lake last night and commute in this morning. I love them to death, but I was really ready for them to leave yesterday, not today. (Does that make me a horrible mother? I can guarantee that I would NOT have written that if I had a blog!)

Anyway, I decided to spoil the two of us since the 4th of July celebration appears to be beginning on Wednesday with early arrivals. We had Steak Diane and Potato Confit with asparagus on the side. I was definitely channeling Blane!!
Monday's Dinner, 6/30/14??