What's on the menu for everyone today?

Steak and fries here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
So are you guys on the road permanently now? If so, where are you headed? Or is it just wherever the wind takes you... which is a nice way to go, if you ask meSmile

I am contemplating having my hubby's family recipe tacos for dinner. I think I will take pics. This is such a good recipe.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? luvnit So are you guys on t...
Then you need to share!

Nope, not on the road yet. 12 more days then we head out on Hiway 2 across the top....towards you. Weather permitting, we'll just take it all across the US. I think it ends in New Hampshire.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? cjs Then you need to sha...
I will share it, but I have to take photos.

I have given the recipe to a few friends here and there. When I have shared this recipe with others, they immediately are put off by the ingredients. Then they change/substitute other stuff, then they tell me they don't like them!

I hate it when others do this!

Brad and I have sat down, practically each time we make them, and agree that each and every ingredient is super important. They all really work together. Across the years we have occasionally left something out or substituted (out of necessity) and come to the conclusion each time... The Original recipe is best!
Laura

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? luvnit I will share it, but...
I'm intrigued about the taco recipe Laura!

I think I'm going to try a recipe I've had bookmarked since February (Issue 103). The spiced beef patties with flatbread and yogurt sauce. I will garnish mine at least with diced tomatoes and pepperoncinis.

I don't have any cardamom for this. Is there something that I could sub? Cumin maybe?

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? Trixxee I'm intrigued about ...
Derek has to work till 8:30 so I'll just make him a sandwich to take to work (lol still can't used to that) and I'll make a stuffed baked potato with some leftovers.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? DFen911 Derek has to work ti...
Work? Say what? Did Derek get a job?

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? Trixxee Work? Say what? Di...
Ohhhh, that old workin' fool!! He's hasn't quit yet, huh? Really cutting into his retirement time.

Trixxie - here's some sub ideas for you for cardamom - it is the hardest of all spices (I think) to sub because of its uniqueness.

Substitute for 1 tsp. Cardamom Powder
Used In...
½ tsp. ground cinnamon + ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
Sweetmeats and baked desserts

½ tsp. ground cinnamon + ½ tsp. ground cloves
Seafood and meat recipes

½ tsp. ground nutmeg + ½ tsp. ground cloves
Rice, meat, and savory dishes

½ tsp. ground ginger + ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Rice, meat, and savory dishes

½ tsp. ground cumin + 1 tsp. ground coriander
Curries and meat dishes

½ tsp. allspice powder
Curries, meat, and fish dishes
--------
might help??
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? cjs Ohhhh, that old work...
Thank you so much Jean!
I think we just had a change in plans for dinner (all of the ingredients for the flatbread can keep until tomorrow or next day).

I FINALLY found some really nice bakery hot dog buns. They taste like a brioche bun that our favorite Lobsta truck uses. So now it's Nathan's for dinner. Going to pick up some of our favorite potato salad and peanut cranberry slaw (odd combo but it works) from a little local BBQ place.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14?? Trixxee Thank you so much Je...
Sounds like you all are having so much fun!
That's just great!!
Laura
Wednesday's Dinner, 7/2/14??