What's for dinner for eveyone??

I'm grilling a T-bone with onions and corn on the cob. May do a Bourbon-glazed steak that I did way back in '02 that I ran across.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? cjs What's for dinner fo...
I am looking here for inspiration.

I am torn. I would love to have seafood, but I feel the need to clean out the freezer...

What to do, what to do...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? luvnit I am looking here fo...
Surf and Turf for Hubby, Snow Crab legs with 50 clams for me.

We haven't done this in a great while. And after scrubbing down 50 clams yesterday afternoon, I see why.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? BarbaraS Surf and Turf for Hu...
Crab legs?!?! Fifty clams?!?!?! Oh my!!!! I'm going to Barbara's house!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? Gourmet_Mom Crab legs?!?! Fifty...
I'm right behind you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? cjs I'm right behind you...
Me first! I'm closer!

So, Ron wants to smoke some salmon today. He's been watching Cooks Country all morning and it's making him hungry. Not sure what I will make for sides. Any ideas?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? Mare749 Me first! I'm closer...
Oh, you made me think of a dish Kelly Johnson (C2C) put together for us years ago when we were all in Tecumseh meeting - top mac & cheese with salmon and drizzle with BBQ sauce. I know, sounds a little over the top, but it sure was good.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? cjs Oh, you made me thin...
Mac and cheese sounds good. Might have to try that one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? Mare749 Mac and cheese sound...
Here's another idea - I smoked some onions and bell peppers with the salmon and made a smoked salmon & veggie pizza. It was so good!

[Image: Apr23SmkdSalmonveggiepizza_zps6b29aac4.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14?? cjs Here's another idea ...
I'm glad I ate something before I logged back in! Jean is determined to make me ravenous today! But I know how to get even! A friend brought over about a bushel of assorted tomatoes, including Brandywines and Cherokee Purples. I just ate a plate full of both drizzled with Creme Balsamic and lots of cracked black pepper and kosher salt! Pure simple perfection!!!!

Oh, and did I mention he offered to bring over 2 or 3 bushels when I'm ready to can? He and his wife have been canning all week and so over it, but their bushes are still full!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 7/10/14??