What's on the menu for today?

I'm craving potato salad. Picked up some Yukon Golds at the farmers market a couple days ago and tho I prefer russets for salad, I'm going with these little guys! Maybe a burger patty to round things out. Oh, and some beautiful Cherries I also picked up.

Anyone hear of this basil? Lettuce basil - the leaves are large and would be much easier to use on sandwiches.
[Image: July19LettuceBasil_zpsb292f6e5.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I haven't a clue. Although, I have been pitching burgers for a few days. We'll see!

Jean, I'm really interested in that Basil! I'll definitely be on the lookout!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? Gourmet_Mom I haven't a clue. A...
Never have seen that, but I'm going to look for it now.

BLT's and maybe a few tator tots will be a quick meal tonight. We have to go to Katie's softball game at 6 and it's on the other side of town.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? Mare749 Never have seen that...
My yearning is just about over - the potato salad is done and if I can stay out of it we'll have it later.

[Image: July21PotatoSalad_zpsd303fe67.jpg]

I tried something new this time - used less bacon and after frying it up tossed it with the hot potatoes and onion and I must say the flavors are much more intense. Kinda like making German potato salad with the vinegar mixture.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? cjs My yearning is just ...
That potato salad looks divine!

Tonight is going to be leftover night. We've got some rack of lamb and beer can chicken left over. I've also got some "munchies" that we can have.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I promised to make Chow Mein tonight. I just don't feel like eating it.

Just not inspired I guess.

I think I'd rather have something on the grill. However, it's going to 'feel like' it's 101 here today! Holy cow... I am not going outside.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? luvnit I promised to make C...
I'm making Kung Pao Chicken tonight. I have a craving for Chinese food!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? karyn I'm making Kung Pao ...
Sadder than burgers, we're having smoked turkey sausage and rice with a side of peas. It has rained ALL day. STILL raing with no end in site! This seemed appropriate.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14?? Gourmet_Mom Sadder than burgers,...
So simple, but so satisfying - just what the dr. ordered for me!!

[Image: July21POtatosaladwaspargusandbeefpatty_zps7b2a3293.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, that's similar to the way I make the roasted red bliss potato salad. While the potatoes are still hot, I toss the bacon and onion with them. Then after it cools down a it, everything else goes in and you eat it warm.

I'm actually going to try a little peanut butter on my BLT! More later...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Monday's Dinner, 7/21/14??