What's on the menu for everyone today??

I roasted the chicken yesterday and I also made a batch of pizza dough the day before, so maybe pizza?? Thai pizza? hmmm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I was planning on huevos rancheros, but now I'm thinking Chile Colorado burritos.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? losblanos1 I was planning on hu...
Grilled ham steak, potatoes and onions in a foil pack for the grill, and baked beans. Little bit of that wonderful golden delicious honeydew left.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? Mare749 Grilled ham steak, p...
Changed my mind from Thai pizza - decided to go with Laura's version of Buffalo Chicken pizza topped with lettuce and basil. So good.

[Image: July23BuffaloChixPzzagrilling_zpsfda409bb.jpg]
[Image: July23Buffalopizzadone_zps1736bc4d.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? cjs Changed my mind from...
We're having cheesesteak-style egg rolls with horseradish-cheddar dipping. I'm making a chopped green bean salad as a side.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? karyn We're having cheeses...
Jean, that pizza has me drooling!!!! And I'm still really full after the dinner for the family!

A lot of family had a long distance to travel and did not stay to eat after the funeral, so there was a TON of food leftover, including a HUGE foil pan of fried chicken. Don, the deceased, and his wife were two of the driving forces behind our church food pantry, so we felt he would love that we did something with the food for someone in need. Our best bet today was our local Hospice facility. So William and I dropped it off this afternoon. The nurses were thrilled. I hope they and some of the patients had a better day today and tomorrow enjoying some of the best dishes our church families had to share. His wife was thrilled with the idea. It was a bittersweet day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? Gourmet_Mom Jean, that pizza has...
Jean, that pizza sounds and looks amazing. Must remember to try that one.

Daphne, I love that your church does that for funerals. It's so thoughtful and what you and William did afterwards was especially nice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? Mare749 Jean, that pizza sou...
Daphne you and your church are so wonderful! I'm touched by your generosity and love.

Jean the pizza looks so good!

We are having Twice Grilled Lamb Chops with horseradish jelly and the fennel and potatoes that Denise posted. Don't ask about the "twice grilled" and photos will be posted tomorrow
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? Harborwitch Daphne you and your ...
The pizzs was tasty and it had been a while since we've had the 'buffalo' flavor, so we both enjoyed it. I was getting a little tired of it...like pulled pork.

What a nice thing to do Daphne. Heard on the news the other day about some hoodlums who were raiding grocery store garbage bins for pastries and using them to smear local cars. My questin is - why were day old pastries in the garbage to begin with?????????????????? At the donut shop I used to work, we'd donate any that were left at the end of the day, everyday!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14?? cjs The pizzs was tasty ...
Exactly!!! Don set up a Tuesday pickup (Wednesday is the day they pass out food.) at a local bakery and Pizza Hut. They freeze leftovers from the bakery case and buffet. So we have that to pass out, in addition to the bag of staples, frozen venison (in season), and fresh vegetables from William and a friend. The friend (in his 80's) gets a thrill going on Wednesdays to deliver and see the excitement on peoples faces when they receive the fruits of his labor.

It's sad. We can only serve each family once a month because there are so many. We also have a fund to pay electric bills. The preacher goes and pays the bills himself.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 7/23/14??