From Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fabulous. No, this is not new, just wanted to share a review. This is a tasty recipe for those who want a "savory" bread with a small amount of cheese added. Nice for breakfast and doesn't really need anything on it as it's very moist. But, I did try it with cream cheese and liked it a lot. The grandkiddies gave it a thumbs up. The cheese that I used in the batter was a finely shredded Mexican blend.

[Image: IMG_0995_zpsa74339d6.jpg]

Garden Zucchini Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup shredded zucchini
½ cup seeded, diced tomato (1 Roma)
½ cup chopped scalllions
½ cup minced fresh basil
½ cup shredded Parmesan, Asiago, fontina, or sharp Cheddar
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
3 T. vegetable oil
1 T. red or white wine vinegar
3 thin tomato slices

1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add zucchini, ½ cup tomato, scallions, bassil, and cheese; toss to combine.

2. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vinegar in a second bowl. Fold buttermilk mixture into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Batter will be thick.

3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Level top of batter and garnish with fresh tomato slices.

4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 70-75 minutes. Let bread cool 10 minutes, then turn out of pan and cool on rack 40 minutes more before slicing.

Servings: 12
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Garden Zucchini Bread Review Mare749 From Cuisine Lite Fr...
Nice review, Maryann! I've got everything to make this. Only problem, we'd eat it! LOL! If I can test it while Will is here, I can send it home with him!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Garden Zucchini Bread Review Gourmet_Mom Nice review, Maryann...
Oh, that does sound good. I haven't made zucc bread for the longest time. I have a chocolate zucc bread that I can't stay out of, but I'll bet this one would be the same (as far as staying out of it!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Garden Zucchini Bread Review