What's on the menu for everyone today??

We have a couple of 2-night stays coming up starting tomorrow, so I'm doing some pre-cooking ahead and maybe we won't have to even unhook.

Planning on making my Poutine, finally, and a slow-cook pork butt. Maybe another slow cook dish with the other half of the pork butt, not sure.

Also, trying to work in a watermelon salad given to me by my friend, Marilee - she posted it on her blog http://bookblatherblog.blogspot.com/
a couple days ago.

And, finally, want to make Blitz bread on my little grill and see how that goes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Attie's corned beef, potatoes and cabbage. Somewhere in my searches I came across a sour cream/mustard/tarragon dipping sauce for corned beef and if I can find that again, I might do that.

I'm doing everything else differently this time, why not add a sauce on the side?

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? Trixxee Attie's corned beef,...
Ancho fired skirt steak with Mexican rice and refried beans. A big thank you to my secret Santa(s), Old & Mrs. Bay, for the ancho powder.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? losblanos1 Ancho fired skirt st...
I gave OS a few choices from some of his favorites, and he picked the French Onion Salisbury Steak. There will be a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? Gourmet_Mom I gave OS a few choi...
Dinner was awesome...one of my favorites! After much teasing from YS, OS, and William about late dinner meals, dinner was served at 6:30! I knew William and Andrew had to get up at four to get a job done. So an early dinner was my goal.

Anyway, I finished eating early and left the table. The boys continued to eat and chat for a bit. (Glad I made extra!). But soon they came in one by one...not prompted that I know of (William promised it wasn't his suggestion and thought it was as special as I did.)...and they thanked me for a great dinner and told me how much they loved me with a big hug....even William....who tearfully swears that he didn't prompt them. And acted surprised that one beat him to the hug, kiss, and thank you; and witnessed the second.

Top that off that I then went to fix Cricket's plate and clean the kitchen. One son had fed Cricket and straightened up. The other insisted on doing dishes. My babies made me cry happy tears tonight!

So I guess you could say dinner was good! LOL!
Daphne

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? Gourmet_Mom Dinner was awesome.....
What a wonderful evening for you to remember always, Daphne.

I still remember the first time when a couple of the kids came home while the other two were still home and they all sat around the afternoon visiting and no sibling 'crap' - just family time. Funny how little things like that can stay in your memory!!

Good on them, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? cjs What a wonderful eve...
Watching the boys spend time together this week has been a blessing I will not soon forget, that's for sure.
Daphne

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14?? Gourmet_Mom Watching the boys sp...
Daphne, what a wonderful evening for all of you. I'm so happy for you and hope that they will all come together again soon.

We had burgers and salad last night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thursday's Dinner, 8/7/14??