What's on the menu for everyone today??

A brunch treat for Roy Richard this a.m. Pastrami, Sauerkraut & Havarti pizza with bubbly!!

And, yesterday, the whole reason for going to Garrison (where I had the Chokecherry ice cream) was to visit Myers' Meats Specialties - hoping to get some local fare. They really didn't have much for me to play with - as far as unique meats. But, I did pick up 2 lbs. of local Buffalo burger. So we'll have Buffalo Burgers later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I'll be interested to hear if you like the burgers, Jean. We have never tried it, but do have access to buying it here.

I googled the chokecherry and found out it's a wild berry and very bitter. In fact, one description said it's "mouth numbing" and is only edible when cooked. Guess I won't be buying those at the market.

Dinner tonight will probably be those wraps that you posted yesterday. Will have to add some fries or tots for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? Mare749 I'll be interested t...
I want to make those wraps soon, and I will probably add a hard boiled egg. Yum!

I think we are going out tonight - not sure where. I'm back to craving any kind of asian noodles after seeing Blane's house special chow mein last week. Moo shu pork or sweet and sour shrimp may also be calling my name.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? Trixxee I want to make those...
Going to grill some chicken. My house is filled with sweet foods. I think I'll just the meat. Made 2 cobblers yesterday, today is pear butter because a friend brought me a bushel of pears (who does that? I mean I can see bringing me a bag...but a bushel?!) Also going to make a special blackberry jam to enter in the competition.

I think the competition is rigged, but still going to try it This one lady has won for cobbler for the last 5 years and jam.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? DFen911 Going to grill some ...
As if you didn't have anything else to do! LOL! Have fun with the pears!

I'm probably doing burgers tonight, if I don't decide to have leftover lasagna.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? Gourmet_Mom As if you didn't hav...
Maryann, the folks next door to us here in the park are from Canada and when I told them about my first experience with chokecherries, they laughed and said they have bushes in their yard. And, they said they also like them as is, tart, but very tasty they think.

So, I'm still going to look for them tomorrow at the market. Fingers crossed!! Also, hope I can find a source there for frozen pheasant. I so want to cook one while we're here!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? cjs Maryann, the folks n...
LOL here. Denise - I was just getting ready to tell you that I saw a blueberry bacon bbq sauce on Noble Pig but thought I'd better actually read the recipe first before mentioning it. Guess what it says? "Adapted from Cuisine at Home".

Small cooking world out there.

http://noblepig.com/2012/03/pork-tenderl...cue-sauce/

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? Trixxee LOL here. Denise - ...
When my mom was at the store for a few things, the other day, she noticed something inexpensive, so she bought it.

The thing is, it's something we have never used in this form, before: veal breast. At $3.99/lb, however, it was one of the least-expensive cuts of meat available.

After much web searching, we pretty much found that braising and stewing were the main ways of cooking veal breast and, when braising, it was especially common to use a stuffing.

Based upon what we had on hand and what we felt like having, we chose THIS as a base recipe, but used mushrooms instead of potatoes and sage instead of dill.

It's braising in the oven as I write this, so I'll post our opinions of it later.

Smells wonderful, so far.

UPDATE: Wow! Yum! Not tough at all - just super tender and VERY tasty. A bit on the fatty side, but what I had read had prepared me to expect that. The main thing was just YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? labradors When my mom was at t...
I love breast of veal - haven't seen it in a market in decades!

Tonight is a chicken pasta salad and I've got a tomato pie in the oven. Easy dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14?? Harborwitch I love breast of vea...
Regarding the Chokeberries, anyone familiar with children's literature or that read Hatchet as a kid would be familiar with Chokeberries! LOL!

Jean, you may want to investigate local Pheasant farms! (Tip from William.)

Well done, Labs!

We wound up with the leftover lasagna. I'm glad we did! Just as good if not better the next day! Something about eating something this decadent and complex without the damage to your kitchen makes it so much better!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/15/14??