What's on the menu for everyone?

Not a clue here. I do want to get some pizza dough made, other than that...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We are going to my brother's house at 11:00 to meet my new nephew (today he's 11 days old) and then we're all going out to lunch - haven't heard where) so I'm not sure how hungry we will be for dinner but I'll have everything on hand for those Dodger bleu hot dogs.

Can't wait to get a picture of 6'0" Michael and 21" Jack together. They were exactly the same size at birth so it will be interesting to see how tall they both eventually become though Michael may have topped out now.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? Trixxee We are going to my b...
I would really like to make the to make the Creamy Carbonara from a few weeks ago, but William would probably refuse to eat it. So I'll have to look for a healthier option.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? Gourmet_Mom I would really like ...
I got busy yesterday and got stuffed cabbage ready for the crockpot today. It's simmering away - and by the time Bob and I get off work tonight it will be ready to eat. It's going to smell really good in here in a little while!

The annual breast cancer tournament is today so it's going to be a long day for Bob - he and Tonya are putting together lunch for 80 people! I'll be on the front desk and more than likely helping in the restaurant.

I also cleaned and cooked up about 2 lbs of field mushrooms for another dinner. There are lots of them out on the course and we're going to take advantage of them while we've got the chance. We also picked several pounds of apples - pie is in the future.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? Harborwitch I got busy yesterday...
Short Ribs left overs If we're hungry. Wine tasting today at 5.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? DFen911 Short Ribs left over...
Harborwitch, you can do stuffed cabbage in a crockpot? I never knew... (and am going to look for a recipe since my Dad had a bumper crop of cabbage this summer).

We've had a week of warm, dry weather, so DH and I have been scraping, repairing and painting the outside of our house. Meals have been thrown together, but tonight I had a little time to plan since I was waiting for the caulk to dry.

Grilled shrimp with feta/lemon/garlic sauce, Greek rice & spinach, grilled zucchini. 80 degrees today and it feel like summer so I've gotta get in my grilling!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? foodfiend Harborwitch, you can...
Oh that shrimp dish sounds so good, Vicci! William's new diet makes me long for so many things! Shrimp is the top of the list! It's something we both loved forever! Bacon and cream are two more that are killing me! His dietary no no's have pretty much squashed my culinary ambition.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? Gourmet_Mom Oh that shrimp dish ...
Used my mom's Camerons stove-top smoker to make my Allspice-Smoked Potato Salad. Great stuff.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? labradors Used my mom's Camero...
Darn won't come up - have to look when I get home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14?? DFen911 Short Ribs left over...
Quote:

Short Ribs left overs If we're hungry. Wine tasting today at 5.

Denise - I had a delicious short rib slider at Tommy Bahama's yesterday. It was topped with a cilantro type slaw and crispy onions, aoili on the side (the sandwich was so flavorful I didn't even try it - trying to save a few calories). On a delicious brioche bun, beef had a little bit of a teriyaki thing going on. Might be something for you to try next time with leftovers for something different.
Saturday's Dinner, 9/27/14??