What's on the menu for today for everyone??

With a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins, we are finely having the dinner I've so been looking forward to - K.C. ribs, corn on the cob, grilled onion and garlic bread. (fingers crossed the weather cooperates!)

Park owner told us the lake has catfish!!! So, guess where Roy is headed this a.m. come hell or high water!! I've been looking for a restaurant around here that offers catfish on their menu, but so far no luck - WTH?? Probably too lowbrow........ they have everything else, even Escargot, but no catfish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Picked up some really good fresh rye bread yesterday so today dinner will patty melts.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? Trixxee Picked up some reall...
Fried catfish. Yum yum. Nothing better.

Love. Patty melts too

Believe I am making. Ham balls and potatoes of some type.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? mjkcooking Fried catfish. Yum ...
We have never had catfish but it sounds as though this is a real gem from all of the fans out there....maybe when we relocate to the States.

Just leftover chicken with a side avocado salad. MAJOR competition tomorrow. We will do only two distances out of four....it's a start back on our journey of shooting. FUN!!

Haven't done a patty melt in a very long time.....HMMMM. Problem is the bread but I can create something
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? Roxanne 21 We have never had ca...
Died & gone to heaven dinner #2!!!!

Blues Hog K.C. Ribs!
[Image: Oct3RibsCorngarlicbread_zps5fb00286.jpg]

We love this sauce that I picked up in K.C. - I just ordered 6 jars of it on Amazon, so anyone who gets a Christmas present from me knows what will be included.

Spicy, tart, sweet - yum
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? cjs Died & gone to heave...
I've never had catfish, does it taste like chicken?

That looks really good Jean.

Tonight, from issue #4, I'm making pan fried filets with beurre rouge sauce and a side of asparagus, maybe potato confit also.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? cjs Died & gone to heave...
Wow, I can taste it from here. Will have to try and find that sauce.

Dinner tonight is rotisseried chicken in the "set it and forget it" due to bad storms in our area. Can't wait to see if we notice a difference with the chicken. It's suppose to be "Amish raised" and was a little pricey compared to what we usually pay for chicken.

Also having rice pilaf and a stir-fry medley of fresh veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? Mare749 Wow, I can taste it ...
Jean, we are not big catfish fans, but we found some fresh cod and are having fish and chips with slaw tonight. A Central Market recipe.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? Old Bay Jean, we are not big...
Catfish is awesome!!!! Good luck Roy!

I had leftovers. This week seemed so long! Goal is to get to the end of October! Then it will feel like I'm on the downhill slide! Eleven Fridays left!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14?? Gourmet_Mom Catfish is awesome!!...
Maryann, you're having the horrendous storm we just drove thru on Thursday - WOW!

Halibut on sale, Bill?? I would grab that in a minute!!

Blane, catfish has a mild flavored, firm meat that is so easy to work with and very low in fat. Can taste a little muddy as they are a bottom feeder, but even muddy catfish ain't too bad, imo.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/3/14??