How fun for the kids to have Halloween on a Friday - and those who want a party, too!!

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We had a surprise rain squall come thru here yesterday about 6 p.m. but didn't last anytime at all. So, if nice today I want to grill again. Maybe steak and ??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? cjs How fun for the kids...
Whew! I almost forgot how busy mornings are when you have kiddies in school! Alyssa and Tommy spent the night with us because their parents had Cavs tickets for last night.

This morning I made scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and they each got a pancake. After I took them to school, I came back home to start a pot of minestrone to share with my dad. So, that's probably what we will have tonight along with a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? Mare749 Whew! I almost forgo...
Maryann, I don't think you saw in the other dinner thread where you mentioned Cottage Ham - 2 or 3 of us asked what the heck that is......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? cjs Maryann, I don't thi...
My sister's friend invited us over for a Halloween party and trick or treating. I think she's doing appetizers and ordering pizzas and salad. My sister told me not to bring anything (no extra sweets for the kids or any real food because there is always too much) so I got the hostess a bottle of Absolut Mandarin vodka (because the label is orange) and wrapped it like candy corn. I can't show up empty handed to someone's house.

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? Trixxee My sister's friend i...
Cute idea, Trixxee!

Clean out the fridge Friday night seems to be my new trend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? Gourmet_Mom Cute idea, Trixxee![...
I love that, Trixxee!

We're doing a clean out the fridge Friday as well, Daphne! There are some tasty leftovers, and I don't want to cook tonight since the doorbell rings constantly from about 5:30-8:30 (when we turn out the lights and stop answering the door!).

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? karyn I love that, Trixxee...
Trixxee, so how did you wrap that bottle? It sounds adorable.

We haven't eaten red meat (by this I mean anything other than poultry) for about 25 years. However, I occasionally have cravings and lately I've been thinking of my Mom's stuffed pork chops. The thought of these just stuck in my head and when I was grocery shopping today, reaching for a package of turkey sausage, in the next bin were pork chops. Happy Halloween! Stuffed pork chops for dinner! They were really good, and I made pumpkin bars for dessert as well.

In the 30 Halloweens that we have been here at the farm, not a single trick-or-treater. But this will be the last, apparently it's quite busy in the neighborhood we will be living in next year. Can't wait!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? foodfiend Trixxee, so how did ...
I know what you mean about the trick or treaters! Living in a resort area where most neighbors are weekenders only, we don't have trick or treaters.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? Gourmet_Mom I know what you mean...
Nor at RV parks. Thank heaven's Roy finally gave up buying candy...'just in case'
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14?? cjs Nor at RV parks. Tha...
Vicci - I wrapped it very carefully with orange, yellow and white tissue paper and then tied a pretty bow with medium width orange ribbon at the bottle neck.
T.G.I.F. Halloween Dinner, 10/31/14??