I made this for dinner tonight. The combo of maple syrup and curry made me pause, but I running out of time and couldn't find anything else. Good thing-- the sauce is incredible!

Made a few changes:
First, a whole stick of butter for 4 servings? No way! I used 1 Tablespoon plus 2 Tablespoons of olive oil for a half recipe. And, for the half-recipe, I used only 2T each of maple syrup and dijon. 1/2T curry powder.

As written, this would have made a ton of sauce for four servings.
Also, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and turned them every 10 minutes (total cooking time 30 minutes).

Again, the sauce was delicious.

I left out the cayenne because I used hot curry powder.

Did I mention that the sauce was awesome?!?!

Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts
Contributed by Molly Chester (Food & Wine, August 2014)

ACTIVE: 30 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
SERVINGS: 4

Molly Chester uses bold ingredients—curry powder, maple syrup, cayenne and spicy mustard—to create a spicy-sweet glaze for chicken.

1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mild or hot curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Kosher salt
Pepper
Four 12-ounce, bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 9-by-13-inch ceramic baking dish, combine the butter with the maple syrup, mustard, curry powder and cayenne. Bake for about 5 minutes, until the butter is melted. Whisk in a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the baking dish and turn to coat with the sauce. Carefully spoon some 
of the sauce under the chicken skin. Turn the chicken breast side up and bake for about 45 minutes, basting occasionally, until the chicken is glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
Cut the chicken off the bones and transfer to plates. Whisk the pan sauce and spoon over the chicken. Serve, passing additional sauce at the table.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe foodfiend I made this for dinn...
That looks delicious. Copied! Thanks for sharing.

Re: Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe losblanos1 That looks delicious...
Oh wow - I'm going to have to try this too! But the amount of maple syrup and mustard is alarming - LOL. Everything needs to be cut down.

I can imagine this would be really good with a brown rice pilaf with pecans and parsley.

Re: Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe Trixxee Oh wow - I'm going t...
Trixxee, thanks so much for mentioning this-- I had forgotten that I decreased the syrup and mustard amounts, too! I edited my post above to show these changes.

A stick of butter and a half-cup of both maple syrup and dijon for four servings?! Those chicken breasts would have been submerged!

I baked an acorn squash and drizzled the sauce over it, too-- very good!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe foodfiend Trixxee, thanks so m...
Well, this one is copied!! Looks very interesting.

"Carefully spoon some 
" - don't know what this would be, but it doesn't seem to affect the directions at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe