And the week starts!! What's on the menu for today??

Pizza here - not sure what toppings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? cjs And the week starts!...
Not sure here. I'm taking an "old" young friend out to lunch, and then I'm doing an afternoon of shopping. So it will probably be something light and easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Gourmet_Mom Not sure here. I'm ...
I have Alyssa and Tommy today, so it's probably going to be something easy and kid friendly like sloppy joes and french fries.

This is completely OT, but should be interesting to hear about later. Heather is spending the day on a film set in Cleveland. OSHA requires a pediatric nurse to be on set when filming babies, so the hospital is letting her spend the day there. There is a group meeting location, then a shuttle takes the crew to the two houses being used in the film.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Mare749 I have Alyssa and To...
How exciting, Maryann! I can't wait to hear about her day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Gourmet_Mom How exciting, Maryan...
It is probably going to be very emotional for her, Daphne. The film is about the three young women who were held hostage in a house in Cleveland for ten years. One of them had a baby during this time, so they will have 1 month old twins on set for filming, which is why Heather has to be there. The film is almost finished and should be aired shortly. Going to be a tough one to watch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Mare749 It is probably going...
I think I am leaning towards country fried steak with mushroom gravy. I don't actually have the cube steaks yet and it seems like a lot of the time if I have dish in mind I can't find the cut of meat I want. Like the last time I wanted to make a roasted chicken. Who runs out of whole chickens? LOL.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Trixxee I think I am leaning...
I remember the story when the three gals finally were saved by the neighbor guy and the one little gal was so brave
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Mare749 It is probably going...
That would be a really emotional day! Interesting to watch the process though. I remember the story well - brave young women!

I am conflicted on dinner. I am thinking Cod & Potato cakes and perhaps a cole slaw. Or pork chops . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Harborwitch That would be a real...
Wow! What an emotional day for Heather. I remember that story vividly.

We're going to have the pork tenderloin I thought I was going to make last night. I didn't make it because John had a craving for C@H's Gyro Kebabs with the Greek Salsa and Feta Yogurt Spread.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14?? Harborwitch That would be a real...
The kidnapper got a life sentence + 1000 years. 30 days into his sentence he hung himself.

We're having burgers and tater tots. Maybe.
Monday's Dinner, 12/22/14??