What's on the menu today??

I'm thawing out burger...don't know what I'll do with it yet. Maybe Salisbury steak?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? cjs What's on the menu t...
Something I've been looking forward to all week - 8-Layer Lasagna! I made the whole shaboobie a few weeks ago into three littler pans and froze them, waiting for Hubby to come home after surgery and rehab. Took one out to thaw in the fridge on Wednesday, and now it's sitting on a cookie sheet getting up to room temp. Oh yum!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? BarbaraS Something I've been ...
How is the rehab going?? and must say I love "shaboobie" must work this into the next conversation I have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? cjs How is the rehab goi...
Unfortunately with the Holiday season, Hubby won't be evaluated until this Tuesday at the Rehab place. Then, it could be a week or more until he gets a session with a PT person. Ugh. He has to do exercises on his own so the scar tissue doesn't build up. Thanks for asking!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? BarbaraS Unfortunately with t...
After Daphne's news, we sure have to watch out for all our 'hubbies'!!!! Here's to them.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? cjs After Daphne's news,...
Not sure about dinner just yet. After Daphne's news I can't even think straight.

Barbara, I'm sorry your hubby isn't home yet from rehab. And what a shame that he had to be there for the holiday! How is the recovery going?

I will post what's for dinner later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? Mare749 Not sure about dinne...
Yes, HERE'S to the hubbies! We sure have some good ones to appreciate :-)

Tonight I am making a Ham and Wild Rice Quiche.

Over the next few weeks we are cleaning out the fridge and freezer. Getting rid of whatever I can!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? luvnit Yes, HERE'S to the h...
We definitely need to appreciate all the wonderful hubbies around here! I was glad to see Daphne's update on FB. Hopefully William will continue to improve.

Tonight I'm going to try a modified version of the Greek chicken and pasta that I made a few weeks ago. If it works, I'll post it.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? Mare749 Not sure about dinne...
Maryann,

He's been home since Tuesday. I was talking about the out-patient therapy he needs to go to. We had a great time at my sister's on Christmas Day!!

Barbara

Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14?? BarbaraS Maryann,[br][br]He's...
Tony is making spaghetti and meatballs - if his back is ok. Last night he had to take a pain pill and a muscle relaxer.
Sunday Dinner, 12/28/14??