Ooops almost forgot to do the thread.... What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling everything - burger patties, Tony C's onions, and potato rounds - maybe asparagus??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? cjs Ooops almost forgot ...
I have some really good rye bread so I might make patty melts, even though we just had sandwiches for last night's dinner. I don't want the bread to go to waste.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? Trixxee I have some really g...
I'm thinking French dips, but we'll see.

ETA: We have unexpected company for dinner, so now it's going to be Chile Colorado burritos, Mexican rice and refried beans.

ETA part 2: I found some really nice skirt steaks at Haggen's (my old Safeway) so now we're having carne asada w/ rice and beans.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? losblanos1 I'm thinking French ...
Family dinner tonight because we won't be able to do it on Sunday. We had an extra turkey leftover from the holidays that someone gave us, so today Ron "spatchcocked" it and it's roasting in the oven over a bed of stuffing. (I saw the recipe on ATK) We'll have mashed potatoes, gravy, (I had an extra quart in the freezer) roasted brussels, glazed carrots, cranberries, dinner rolls and I actually made a dessert. It's called dump cake, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with.

Yes, I do realize this is Thanksgiving dinner and it's almost Easter, but we are not going to be here for Easter this year since we will be on a cruise with Holly, Bob, and the girls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? Mare749 Family dinner tonigh...
Spareribs (Jean's recipe) with coleslaw and a salad.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? Roxanne 21 Spareribs (Jean's re...
Leftovers here. It's the beginning of a 3-day weekend and we're headed to Asheville for a mini-getaway tomorrow.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? karyn Leftovers here. It's...
Who cares, Maryann, sounds great - except the part where you're going to be on a cruise..............green eyes, here!!

We picked up a big pkg. of ribs today too, Roxanne, so we'll be doing half soon.

Have fun and be safe, Karyn.

Patty Melts in the mind now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15?? cjs Who cares, Maryann, ...
Maryann, that sounds awesome!

Have fun, Karyn! Such a pretty area of my state! Gotta love those three day weekends!

We were supposed to have Steak Night, but William had an emergency truck repair issue and was running late. So we are having leftovers tonight. Spaghetti with salad or Country Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Peas. It's been a long week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 3/12/15??