What's on the menu for everyone today??

I was going to cut the rack of ribs I have in half and do them twice, but think I'll do them all and we can gnaw on them the next few days as we'll have some short stays with driving days coming up as we head west.

Slaw. asparagus, tomatoes coming up also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We're going to have Katie and Abby here for dinner, so thinking of "make your own" pizza night and a nice side salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? Mare749 We're going to have ...
Well, decided to put the ribs in the slow cooker and let 'em go a few hours. So, I brought home some cod from lunch yesterday and I'll make some fish tacos for dinner with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? cjs Well, decided to put...
Burger and tots today. What I really want to make is the Steakhouse mushroom burger w/ boursin-creamed spinach sauce.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? losblanos1 Burger and tots toda...
Michael requested a rotissiere chicken and rice (will do a baked potato for me).

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? Trixxee Michael requested a ...
I'm trying a Peruvian mash-up type dish... Beef Stir-Fry with French Fries. It looked quick and easy and is only 398 calories/serving, according to Food Network.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? karyn I'm trying a Peruvia...
Oh Karyn, fingers crossed that this ia a winner dish - I just copied it because I have everything for it and some items I really need to use up. Hurry and eat!

The leftover cod tacos were excellent today - we're going back to the Roadhouse tonight and I'm having the cod again and I'm making the tacos a repeat. I did the costing on this today and I can't buy the fish cheaper than what I got out of the entrée.

"Leftover Cod Tacos
4 oz. of Cod leftover from my lunch at Filly’s Roadhouse, Apache Junction, AZ. http://fillysroadhouse.com/wp-content/up...2014-2.pdf
$13.99 (for an 8 oz. filet) and I got my lunch plus 4 fish tacos the next day = $4.66 (or $2.33 for 4 each tacos – not a bad deal)
Fun place with a hitching post for the horses of customers – and they do come in on their horses! The cod was lightly battered and cooked to my perfection. Wanted to eat it all, but also wanted to bring home for tacos. The tacos won out! In addition to the cod I brought home a sample of their Spicy BBQ sauce which they offer with their wings. Note: while you read the menu, if you see sauces offered with different entrees that look tasty to you, don’t hesitate to ask for a sample. I love to bring them home and make use of them in so many ways."

[Image: Mar%2018%20Cod%20Tacos%203_zps984rt0ku.jpg]

[Image: Mar%2018%20Cod%20Tacos%201_zps9mhcc3jw.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? cjs Oh Karyn, fingers cr...
Quote:

Oh Karyn, fingers crossed that this ia a winner dish - I just copied it because I have everything for it and some items I really need to use up. Hurry and eat!

Jean, we really enjoyed it. It's certainly not in the category of "OMG! I AM LICKING THE PLATE!!!" which is only slightly less dignified than I would have been at your dinner last night because it looked so amazing, but for a clean out the fridge-type dinner it's something I'm going to keep in mind.

What I like most about it is how flexible I can imagine this being with delicious results, so if you can approximate the ingredients, I'd definitely go for it. Just remember that the acid at the end is REALLY important, at least to me.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? karyn [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Thanks!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15?? cjs Thanks!...
Good to know, Karyn! Thanks!

I had all the ingredients for chicken pot pie except the pie crust. An old favorite. Since I'm meeting an old friend for a late lunch tomorrow, the leftover pie will work perfectly for a second dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 3/18/15??