We had a great appie at Macaroni Grill last Monday and I found a recipe similar to what we enjoyed yesterday. Thought maybe others might enjoy this one, also. The only difference was ours were served warm with a Balsamic reduction drizzle.

[Image: Mar%2022%20Goat%20Cheese%20Peppadew_zpsnvtktil4.jpg]

Goat Cheese-Stuffed Peppadews

The bite-size sweet red peppers in this recipe are a tasty, low-cal vehicle for delicious cheese; plus, their mild heat can help warm you up from the inside out as the temperature begins to drop.

1 jar (14 ounces) Peppadew Mild Whole Sweet Piquante Peppers or Italian cherry peppers, pickled or brined (found in pickle aisle)
4 oz goat cheese
1/3 cup fromage blanc or quark cheese, drained in a strainer for at least 1 hour
2 Tbs finely chopped scallions
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, divided

1. Drain Peppadews upside down on a rack.

2. If necessary, and taking care not to slice peppers open, pare bottoms so they sit flat. In a food processor, blend cheeses, scallions and 2 tablespoons parsley.

3. In a bowl, season cheese mixture with salt and black pepper.

4. Fill a pastry bag (or resealable bag with a corner snipped) with cheese mixture; chill 1 hour.

5. Pipe cheese evenly into each pepper.

6. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.

7. DO AHEAD: You can prep the cheese filling 24 hours in advance and store it in the bag in the fridge; remove it 1/2 hour before needed. Stuffed peppers can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours.

Yield: Makes 8 servings
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews cjs We had a great appie...
Those look delicious! Copied and saved.

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews karyn Those look delicious...
Jean, I have a cup of leftover ricotta to use. Would that work in place of the fromage blanc?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews Mare749 Jean, I have a cup o...
Sure!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews cjs Sure!...
Now I'm trying to figure out when I can make these... it's too exotic for my family for Easter, DH doesn't like goat cheese... they look SO wonderful-- who wants to come over for apps and cocktails????? You can help me pack, too.

Thanks for posting this, Jean. Maybe I'll make them for my birthday next month and eat them all myself!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews foodfiend Now I'm trying to fi...
We all need to get together and enjoy these little devils!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews cjs We all need to get t...
I look forward to trying them, also! Thanks, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews Gourmet_Mom I look forward to tr...
OMG, I love peppadews!! Just stuffing them with mini mozzarella balls with a drizzle of creamy balsamic and I could eat them forever!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews BarbaraS OMG, I love peppadew...
Found peppadews yesterday at a great kitchen store in Healdsburg yesterday, so I'll be trying these in the next day or two.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews cjs Found peppadews yest...
My new favorite food!!! I'm just loving these little devils!

Monday, I mixed up:
goat cheese
mayo
dry basil
cilantro
gr. onion
s&p

and stuffed some Peppadews - wonderful. Later, I added some chopped peppadews to the mixture and used as a condiment on a shredded beef sandwich - delicious.

Then yesterday, I took the remaining above mix and added finely chopped candied jalapenos and used with our steak and dipping artichokes. Both were so good.

Love the peppadews!
www.achefsjourney.com
Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadews