Hey All,

I'm going to make a chicken dish tonight that calls for 1/2 cup of sugar and would like to sub honey instead. I know that will change the flavor of the dish a bit, but I'm mixing the sugar with soy sauce, so I think it will improve the flavor.

Does anyone know how much honey I should use instead of 1/2 cup of sugar?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Subbing Honey For White Sugar BarbaraS Hey All,[br][br]I'm ...
1/4 cup.

http://pounds4pennies.com/recipes/easy-s...ney-chart/

Re: Subbing Honey For White Sugar losblanos1 1/4 cup. [img]/ubbth...
Hmmmm, my chart says to reduce by 25% - you may want to just play till you get what you like. good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Subbing Honey For White Sugar cjs Hmmmm, my chart says...
Blane wins!

I used a little over 1/4 cup and it turned out good.

BTW, having a teaspoon of local honey daily for about a year has really helped me with my springtime allergies. I'm not the basket case this year like I was last year.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Subbing Honey For White Sugar BarbaraS Blane wins![br][br]I...
good to know!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Subbing Honey For White Sugar cjs good to know!...
I'm so happy it worked out for you Barbara.

Re: Subbing Honey For White Sugar losblanos1 I'm so happy it work...
I've heard about it, but my allergies have actually improved over the past five years, so I've never tried it. I'm so glad it's working for you, Barbara!
Subbing Honey For White Sugar