What's on the menu for everyone today??

Maryann, I'm finally cooking out of Ruhlman's Braising book - the Wine-braised short ribs. with some egg noodles and maybe some fruit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I ran out of steam yesterday afternoon and Michael had an incredible amount of homework/studying to do for World History that I needed to pitch in with so we just had some of the frittata I made for lunch so today it will be the chicken minestrone soup.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? Trixxee I ran out of steam y...
Can't wait to hear how you like the short ribs, Jean. I'm glad you mentioned this because there were several recipes in that book that I wanted to try.

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken with rice and peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? Mare749 Can't wait to hear h...
Today it's Chinese almond chicken with fried rice.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? losblanos1 Today it's Chinese a...
Oh my word, Maryann - these short ribs were just wonderful. The recipe is from a book she recommended and I couldn't stay away from... Michael Ruhlman's Braising book.

[Image: Apr%2029%20Braised%20Short%20Ribs%20Plat...qt8ptd.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? cjs Oh my word, Maryann ...
Jean, that looks amazing!

I had a super long day, so John and I went out to a quick and easy dinner at the local tavern. It made me feel old, however....I needed my maglight app to read the menu. Dinner however, was terrific! They make an awesome black and blue burger.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? karyn Jean, that looks ama...
Your picture looks even better than Ruhlman's. Wow. I really have to get some short ribs and make that dish! So glad you were pleased.
Maryann

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? Mare749 Your picture looks e...
Thanks Maryann. My pkg. of ribs was so small that I had gobs of the jus left over, so I froze 5 pkgs. of it and I think it will be a great addition to the liquid for rice, noodles, etc.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? cjs Thanks Maryann. My p...
That happened to me when I made the recipe for lamb shanks. So much jus leftover that I put it into a freezer container to use another time. I like your ideas. Never thought to divide it up.
Maryann

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15?? Mare749 That happened to me ...
Looks AMAZING!!!

We got home so late from a follow up doctor visit for William, we just decided to have leftover pasta salad. I wish we could have stayed longer to see how OS's gumbo turned out. His roux was beautiful! It was the color of dark chocolate. He used an old Justin Wilson recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 4/29/15??