I made this for tonight -

[Image: 2015-05-20%2021.43.47_zpsopzxwwxi.jpg]

Roasted Pepper Salad
Wow! This salad is going to be wonderful – if, I can stay out of it! I didn’t make note of the source, but it is ‘points value,’ so it must be a W.W. recipe from somewhere.

Prep; 15 min; roast: 45 min.; Serves 8; Make ahead: 2 days
I made just half the recipe (darn it)

2 large plum tomatoes, seeded & coarsely chopped
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
1 T. capers, rinsed and chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed thru a press
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 tsp. olive oil
4 different-color bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
2 T. red-wine vinegar (I’ll probably use white balsamic)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T. coarsely chopped fresh basil or parsley

Preheat oven 350°
Spray a large rimmed b. sheet with nonstick spray.

Mix the tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp. oil in a bowl. Spread the bell peppers, skin side down, on the baking sheet.
Spoon the tomato mixture over them.

Cover loosely with foil and roast 30 minutes. Uncover and roast until the peppers are tender, about 15 minutes. (NOTE: When I removed from oven to uncover, my peppers were just al dente – to me perfect, so didn’t do the additional 15 min.)

Let the pepper mixture cool. Transfer to an airtight container & refrigerate up to 2 days.

To serve:
Transfer the salad to a bowl and let come to room temp., about 1 hour. Whisk the remaining 2 tsp. oil, the vinegar, and salt in a small bow. Drizzle over the salad and sprinkle with the basil.

Generous 1/2 cup = 41 cal., 3g fat. (if interested)

-----------

P.S. Came back on (after eating another piece of pepper with the 'goop') - this would be good as is tossed with hot pasta. It is so tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review cjs I made this for toni...
I love that Jean!It looks great. I love serving stuff like this over mesclun lettuce while still hot. I call them hot salads, not sure if that's is what people call them or not.

I am going to save this recipe.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review luvnit I love that Jean!It ...
We had this with the added oil/balsamic/basil(I had only dried) and it was very good. Tonight for our 'snack' I'm going to toss it with a little hot pasta and see how that is. What a nice basic recipe to start with - even as a pizza topping.....HELLO HELLO Laura????

This was lunch today with b. sprouts and chix wings
[Image: May%2021%20wings%20b.sprouts%20bell%20pe...6sz4sn.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review cjs We had this with the...
Now that's my kind of a vegetable recipe! Thank you! Looks delicious. (your whole lunch looks delicious)

That salad would also be tasty in a pita. I'm kind of into vegetable sandwiches lately, so great timing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review Mare749 Now that's my kind o...
Looks yummy, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review Gourmet_Mom Looks yummy, Jean!...
Used the other half of the (1/2 original recipe) roasted pepper mix with pasta for our later snack. I had a small container of pizza sauce in the freezer and added that - what a nice dish it made, so very tasty.
[Image: May%2021%20Rstd%20Pepper%20Pasta_zpscgm6lasc.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review cjs I made this for toni...
I saw where you were going to post this, but I missed the post. Lucky for me, Anon was looking at it! YUM!!!! Thanks!!!

ETA: I guess I didn't miss it! Anon was looking in flat mode and I missed the other posts! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review Gourmet_Mom I saw where you were...
Hope you like it as well as we did!
www.achefsjourney.com
Roasted Pepper Salad - W.W. Review