What's on the menu for everyone today??

Pizza here - with the leftover sausage, onions & bells.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? cjs What's on the menu f...
So jealous! I'm making the Chicken Saltimbocca with Spinach Papperadelle from Issue 65. Ashley is browsing the library in an effort to get my cooking juices going again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? Gourmet_Mom So jealous! I'm mak...
We are grilling a rib-eye to share along with some grilled corn and a salad. Got some really sweet nectarines, so will slice those up for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? Mare749 We are grilling a ri...
From issue 97, I'm making the cashew chicken with jasmine rice and broccoli.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? losblanos1 From issue 97, I'm m...
I could have sworn I had Marsala! Dang it! After a second trip to the store, they didn't have it either!!!! AAAARRRRGGGG!

After a quick search for Chicken and mushrooms, I found TARRAGON-CREAM CHICKEN from Issue 38. I had already subbed bacon for prosciutto, and since I had already chopped fresh sage, and we prefer it, I subbed that for the tarragon. I only had half and half, so that replaced the heavy cream. I do that quite often, anyway. It turned out really good! I served it with fettuccine tossed with spinach and Parmesan. Not bad for a throw together last minute meal that was already half cooked!
Daphne

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? Gourmet_Mom I could have sworn I...
That sounds really good, Daphne. Going to look that one up. I prefer sage over tarragon too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? Mare749 That sounds really g...
me too - I can only think of a couple dishes which I like tarragon used.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? cjs me too - I can only ...
I like it in the Pine Nut Dressing, but that's the only thing I can think of when I use it. I forgot a change in the original recipe. I had already sautéed the split and pounded chicken cutlets without the flour. They were in the pan while I was searching for the missing Marsala, but that was me, not the recipe. I'd definitely do it again.
Daphne

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? Gourmet_Mom I like it in the Pin...
I love fresh tarragon in chicken dishes and also in C@H's charon sauce for steak/seafood.

Thanks to Blane for making that sauce long ago.
Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15??