What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm thinking an out-of-the-freezer day. Pkgs. are piling up in there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We are invited to Holly's house tonight. She is making Mexican stuffed shells. I'm taking a chopped salad and from what I hear, Abby is making dessert which is a peanut butter cheesecake in a cup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? Mare749 We are invited to Ho...
I've made a mexican stuffed shell recipe before - they were pretty good, nice change of pace.

I'm thinking chicken piccata since I have a Costco sized bag of lemons, and I have asparagus and garlic bread.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? Trixxee I've made a mexican ...
I was going to make the Hawaiian chicken salad, but the weather isn't very Hawaii-like, so I'm going with Mac n' Cheese w/ basil breadcrumbs.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? losblanos1 I was going to make ...
Well my freezer diving produced Pasta with Picadillo sauce and later a bowl of Tuscan veggie soup.

Dessert sounds good, Maryann and good for her
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? cjs Well my freezer divi...
We had it once before, Trixxee, and everyone seemed to like it, but I do think it's not exactly a low-cal dish, that's for sure. Now with this dessert on top of it, we should probably eat light all day tomorrow.

[Image: No-bake%20peanut%20butter%20cheesecake_zpszojhag7u.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? Mare749 We had it once befor...
Probably not, but maybe not any more fattening than tacos, since you're basically replacing the tortilla with a pasta shell.

Well, plans changed here and we are getting Which Wich. I ordered the Thanksgiving sandwich (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce). Chicken and asparagus will wait until tomorrow.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15?? Trixxee Probably not, but ma...
Cute dessert, Maryann! Way to go, Abby!

We had Chicken Diane from the Cuisine Tonight for Two, including the Truffle Butter Linguine. We stated with a big salad with lots of veggies before we even cooked the entree. This will be our new trend when a salad is the side. It was really good. I loved the sauce! The pasta was a little underwhelming. Luckily I didn't have truffle butter, so I subbed just butter and added truffle salt at the table. The leftover pasta will be used as a small side with Blane's dinner review tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 8/6/15??